Is NiceRx a Vivelle-Dot coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Vivelle-Dot coupon, Vivelle-Dot discount card, or Vivelle-Dot copay card provider. We do not offer Vivelle-Dot manufacturer coupons, Vivelle-Dot discounts, rebates, Vivelle-Dot savings cards, trial offers, or free Vivelle-Dot samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Vivelle-Dot patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Vivelle-Dot cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Vivelle-Dot cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Vivelle-Dot costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Vivelle-Dot transdermal patch, extended-release (0.025 mg/24 hours twice weekly) will cost around $150 for 8 films.
How much does Vivelle-Dot cost with insurance?
The copay for Vivelle-Dot will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Vivelle-Dot?
Vivelle-Dot (estradiol transdermal system) is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Novartis. Vivelle-Dot is an estrogen used to treat:
- Moderate to severe vasomotor symptoms due to menopause
- Moderate to severe symptoms of vulvar and vaginal atrophy due to menopause
- Hypoestrogenism due to hypogonadism, castration, or primary ovarian failure
- Prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis
What doses of Vivelle-Dot are available?
Vivelle-Dot is available as a transdermal system, in the following doses: 0.025 mg/day, 0.0375 mg/day, 0.05 mg/day, 0.075 mg/day, and 0.1 mg/day.
Make sure to apply a new patch to a different application site when reapplying. Do not apply a patch to the same area for at least 1 week. Store Vivelle-Dot at room temperature. Do not remove the patch from the pouch until ready to apply to the skin. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Please read the patient information and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Vivelle-Dot active ingredients
The active ingredient of Vivelle-Dot is estradiol.
Vivelle-Dot side effects
The most common side effects of Vivelle-Dot in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Breast tenderness, breast pain
- Nasopharyngitis, sinusitis, sinus headache
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Unusual vaginal bleeding or spotting
- Back pain
- Bloating, stomach cramps
- Breast pain;
- Redness or skin irritation
- Thinning scalp hair
- Fluid retention
In rare instances, Vivelle-Dot can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased risk of gallbladder disease
- Increased risk of endometrial cancer in a woman with a uterus who uses unopposed estrogens
- Increased risk of developing probable dementia in postmenopausal women 65 years of age and older
- Estrogen plus progestin therapy – increased risks of DVT, pulmonary embolism (PE), stroke, invasive breast cancer, myocardial infarction, and dementia in postmenopausal women 65 years of age and older
- Hypercalcemia – nausea, vomiting, constipation, increased thirst or urination, muscle weakness, bone pain, fatigue
- Loss of vision
- Severe hypertriglyceridemia, or cholestatic jaundice
- Chest pain or pressure spreading to your jaw or shoulder
- Severe headache, blurred vision, anxiety, nosebleed
- Breast lump
- Memory problems, confusion, unusual behavior
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Vivelle-Dot against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Vivelle-Dot to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Vivelle-Dot drug interactions
Vivelle-Dot can interact with other medications. These include:
- Inducers of CYP3A4 – St. John’s wort, phenobarbital, carbamazepine, and rifampin may reduce plasma concentrations of estrogens
- Inhibitors of CYP3A4 – erythromycin, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, and grapefruit juice may increase plasma concentrations of estrogens
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Vivelle-Dot. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Vivelle-Dot if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient estradiol
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Vivelle-Dot
- Have undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding
- Have breast cancer or a history of breast cancer
- Have estrogen-dependent neoplasia
- Have an active deep vein thrombosis (DVT), PE, or a history of these conditions
- Have an active arterial thromboembolic disease
- Have hepatic impairment or disease
- Have protein C, protein S, antithrombin deficiency, or other known thrombophilic disorders
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Vivelle-Dot if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Vivelle-Dot
- Have cancer of the uterus or ovaries
- Have blood clots, stroke, or heart disease (such as heart attack)
- Have liver disease, or kidney disease
- Have a family history of breast lumps
- Have a family or personal history of angioedema
- Have high blood pressure
- Have diabetes
- Have high cholesterol/triglyceride levels
- Have an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Have low or high levels of calcium in the blood
- Have fibroids, or endometriosis
- Have gallbladder disease
- Have asthma
- Suffer from seizures
- Have porphyria
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – This medication passes into breast milk during lactation
Vivelle-Dot is the trademark brand name for estradiol manufactured by Novartis. A generic version of estradiol is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Vivelle-Dot savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.