Xadago Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Xadago medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx a Xadago coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Xadago coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Xadago manufacturer coupons, Xadago discounts, rebates, Xadago savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Xadago medication with NiceRx.
Xadago patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Xadago cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Xadago cost without insurance?
Xadago prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Xadago oral tablets 50 mg will typically cost around $1,100 for 30 tablets.
How much does Xadago cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Xadago with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Xadago?
Xadago is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Zambon. Xadago is used as an adjunctive treatment (add-on) to levodopa/carbidopa in patients with Parkinson’s disease experiencing “off” episodes (muscle stiffness, loss of muscle control).
What doses of Xadago are available?
Xadago is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 50 mg and 100 mg.
Please read the full patient information and always speak with your healthcare provider for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Xadago active ingredients
Xadago contains safinamide, a monoamine oxidase B (MAO-B) inhibitor as the active ingredient. It blocks an enzyme in the brain that breaks down dopamine allowing dopamine to work for a longer period of time.
Xadago side effects
The most common side effects of Xadago in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
In rare instances, Xadago can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Serotonin syndrome when used with MAO inhibitors, antidepressants, or opioid drugs
- Hallucinations and psychotic behavior
- Problems with impulse control/compulsive behaviors
- Withdrawal-emergent hyperpyrexia and confusion
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Xadago against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Xadago to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Xadago drug interactions
Xadago can interact with other medications. These include:
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) – monitor patients for serotonin syndrome
- Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) – duloxetine, venlafaxine
- Sympathomimetic medications
- Other monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or other drugs that are potent inhibitors of monoamine oxidase – linezolid, rasagiline, selegiline
- Opioid drugs – tramadol, meperidine, and related derivatives
- Tricyclic or tetra-cyclic or triazolopyridine antidepressants
- Methylphenidate, amphetamine, and their derivatives
- St. John’s wort
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Xadago. Tell your healthcare provider about other medications that you take or plan to take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Xadago if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient safinamide
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Xadago
- Have severe hepatic impairment
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Xadago if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Xadago
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – It is not known whether safinamide passes into breast milk
Xadago is the trademark brand name for safinamide manufactured by Zambon. A generic version of safinamide is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Xadago savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.