Xelstrym Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Xelstrym medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx a Xelstrym coupon provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. This means that we are not a Xelstrym coupon, a Xelstrym discount card, or a Xelstrym copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers or free Xelstrym samples.
Xelstrym patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Xelstrym cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Xelstrym medication, or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Xelstrym cost without insurance?
Xelstrym costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from.
How much does Xelstrym cost with insurance?
The copay of Xelstrym will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Xelstrym?
Xelstrym is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Xelstrym is used for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in adults and pediatric patients 6 years of age and older. CNS stimulants, including Xelstrym, and methylphenidate, have a high potential for abuse and dependence.
What doses of Xelstrym are available?
Xelstrym is available as a transdermal system, in the following doses: 4.5 mg/9 hours, 9 mg/9 hours, 13.5 mg/9 hours, or 18 mg/9 hours.
Apply one transdermal patch 2 hours before an effect is needed and remove it within 9 hours. Apply to the hip, upper arm, chest, upper back, or flank. Change the application site when applying a new transdermal system.
Avoid exposing the application site to direct external heat sources, such as hair dryers, heating pads or electric blankets, saunas, hot tubs, and heated water beds. Heat can cause too much medicine to pass into your body causing serious side effects.
Please read the full prescribing information and always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Xelstrym active ingredients
Xelstrym contains dextroamphetamine, a CNS stimulant (central nervous system), as the active ingredient.
Xelstrym side effects
The most common side effects of Xelstrym in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Decreased appetite
- Trouble sleeping
- Muscle twitching (tic)
- Abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased heart rate increased
- In adults treated with lisdexamfetamine were decreased appetite, trouble sleeping, dry mouth, diarrhea, nausea, and anxiety
In rare instances, Xelstrym can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Serious cardiovascular reactions – sudden death, stroke, and myocardial infarction
- Psychiatric adverse reactions – psychotic or manic symptoms
- Suppression of growth
- Peripheral vasculopathy, including Raynaud’s phenomenon
- Contact sensitization
- Application site reactions – local skin reactions may occur
- Symptoms of serotonin syndrome when used in combination with other drugs such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), triptans, tricyclic antidepressants, fentanyl, tryptophan, buspirone, and St. John’s Wort
Your caregiver will assess the benefits of using Xelstrym against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Xelstrym to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Xelstrym drug interactions
Xelstrym can interact with other medications. These include:
- Acidifying and alkalinizing agents
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Xelstrym.
You should not use Xelstrym if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dextroamphetamine or to any other amphetamine products
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Xelstrym such as acrylic adhesives, green ink, or polyester/polyurethane backing
- Are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI), or have taken an MAOI within the last 14 days
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – females exposed to ADHD medications during pregnancy should be monitored
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – large dosages of amphetamine may affect milk production, especially if your lactation is not well established
Talk to your doctor before using Xelstrym if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Xelstrym
- Have heart problems, heart defects, or high blood pressure
- Have mental health problems
- Have circulation problems in fingers and toes
- Have kidney problems
Xelstrym is the trademark brand name for dextroamphetamine manufactured by Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of dextroamphetamine is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Xelstrym savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.