Your monthly Xiaflex cost savings if eligible
The Xiaflex patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Xiaflex, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Xiaflex patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Xiaflex assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Xiaflex patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Xiaflex patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Xiaflex.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Xiaflex assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Xiaflex patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Xiaflex.
Is NiceRx a Xiaflex coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Xiaflex patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Xiaflex samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Xiaflex coupons, discount cards, or Xiaflex copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Xiaflex if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Xiaflex medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Xiaflex with insurance?
The cost of Xiaflex will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Xiaflex with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Xiaflex cost without insurance?
Xiaflex prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Xiaflex powder for injection 0.9 mg can cost over $5,000 for enough powder for one injection.
What is Xiaflex?
Xiaflex is a prescription medicine that helps to break down fibrous formations of tissue in the skin. It’s prescribed to:
- Adults with Dupuytren’s contracture
- Adult men with Peyronie’s disease
If you have a buildup of fibrous material in your skin that causes Dupuytren’s contracture or Peyronie’s disease, your doctor may have prescribed Xiaflex to you. It is a prescription medication given as an injection into your fibrous mass by your doctor or healthcare provider. Xiaflex helps destroy collagen in your fibrous mass, helping to break it down and reduce the deformity it causes.
Xiaflex active ingredients
The active ingredient in Xiaflex is called collagenase clostridium histolyticum. Xiaflex is an enzyme (collagenase) that breaks down collagen that is produced by the bacteria clostridium histolyticum. The enzyme has been extracted from the bacteria to create Xiaflex.
When Xiaflex is injected into your skin, the collagenase clostridium histolyticum it contains attaches to the collagen in the unwanted formation. It destroys bonds between the collagen molecules, causing the fibrous formation to break down and be removed by your body.
Xiaflex side effects
The most common side effects caused by Xiaflex include:
- Swelling at the site of injection
- Bruising or bleeding at the site of injection
- A small amount of blood collecting under the skin at the injection site (hematoma)
- Pain or tenderness at the site of injection
- Itching and redness
- Feelings of warmth in the skin
- Breaks in the skin
- Swelling of the lymph nodes (glands) in the elbow or armpit
- A painful erection (when used to treat Peyronie’s disease)
- Pain during sex (when used to treat Peyronie’s disease)
In rarer instances, Xiaflex can cause more serious side effects, like:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Bleeding at the site of injection (this can be more serious if bleeding from the penis)
- Penis fracture, corporal rupture, bruising and swelling of your penis, pain when you urinate, blood in the urine, sudden erection problems, or a “popping” sound or sensation in your penis during an erection, or other forms of serious penile injury caused by the breakdown of collagen in the urethra, nerves, blood vessels, or other collagen containing structures
- Tendon rupture or serious injury to the hand caused by the breakdown of collagen in the urethra, nerves, blood vessels, or other collagen containing structures
- Inform your doctor if you have the following symptoms once the swelling has gone down – numbness, tingling, increased pain, trouble bending your finger toward your wrist, or if movement is worse or you have a new problem in your treated hand
Your doctor will assess the benefits of taking Xiaflex against your risk of side effects.
Xiaflex drug interactions
Xiaflex can interact with other medications such as anticoagulant medications (blood thinners) that stop your blood from clotting. This includes warfarin.
Xiaflex warning and precautions
Xiaflex is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Xiaflex if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient collagenase clostridium histolyticum
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Xiaflex
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to another medication that contains a collagenase enzyme
- Have Dupuytren’s contracture without a palpable cord
- Have a Peyronie’s disease plaque that involves the penile urethra
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Xiaflex if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Xiaflex such as a blood thinner
- Have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.