Xulane Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Xulane medication with our help.Get Started Now
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Xulane cost savings if eligible
The Xulane patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Xulane, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Xulane patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Xulane assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Xulane patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Xulane patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Xulane.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Xulane assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Xulane patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Xulane.
Is NiceRx a Xulane coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Xulane patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Xulane samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Xulane coupons, discount cards, or Xulane copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Xulane if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Xulane medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Xulane cost without insurance?
Xulane prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Xulane transdermal film, extended-release (35 mcg-150 mcg/24 hr) typically costs $60 for 3 films.
How much does Xulane cost with insurance?
The copay for Xulane will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Xulane with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Xulane?
Xulane is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. Xulane is a prescription birth control patch for women with a BMI less than 30 kg/m2. It is an estrogen/progestin combination hormonal contraceptive (CHC), indicated for the prevention of pregnancy in women who elect to use a transdermal patch. Xulane may be less effective in preventing pregnancy in women at or above 198 lbs (90 kg).
Women over 35 years old who smoke should not use Xulane. Cigarette smoking increases the risk of serious cardiovascular events. There may be an increased risk of venous thromboembolism (VTE) among women who use the Xulane patch compared to women who use certain oral contraceptives.
The pharmacokinetic (PK) profile of ethinyl estradiol for the norelgestromin and ethinyl estradiol transdermal system is different from the PK profile for oral contraceptives in that it has a higher area under the time-concentration curve, steady-state concentrations, and lower peak concentrations. (The amount of estrogen you receive when using the patch is higher than the amount from most birth control pills. This may increase the risk for blood clots or other side effects from the patch compared to oral hormonal birth control pills).
More information on what is Xulane
What doses of Xulane are available?
Xulane is available in a transdermal system form, in the following doses: 150 mcg/day norelgestromin and 35 mcg/day ethinyl estradiol.
Xulane uses a 28-day cycle. Apply a new patch to the upper outer arm, abdomen, buttock, or back each week for 3 weeks (21 total days). Week 4 is patch-free. Apply each new patch on the same day of the week. Wear only one patch at a time, and do not cut or alter the patch in any way.
It’s best to choose an area where the patch won’t be rubbed by tight clothing or bra straps. Don’t put the patch on your breasts. Avoid using lotion, makeup, or other skin products on the area where you’ve put the patch.
Use a backup birth control method (such as a condom with a spermicide) for your first week of Xulane treatment. Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
More information on Xulane dosage
Xulane active ingredients
Xulane contains norelgestromin and ethinyl estradiol as the active ingredients.
Xulane side effects
The most common side effects of Xulane in clinical trials include:
- Breast symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting
- Application site reactions
- Abdominal pain
- Dysmenorrhea, breakthrough vaginal bleeding, or spotting
- Reduced sex drive
- Fluid retention
- Discomfort while wearing contact lenses
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
In rare instances, Xulane can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Cardiovascular problems, such as heart attack, blood clots, and stroke
- Liver disease
- High blood pressure
- Carbohydrate and lipid metabolic effects
- Anxiety disorders – excessive nervousness, restlessness, trouble sleeping
- Gallbladder disease
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar)
- High cholesterol
- High triglycerides
- Allergic reactions
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Xulane against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Xulane to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Xulane drug interactions
Xulane can interact with other medications. These include:
- Certain types of hepatitis C medications – ombitasvir, paritaprevir, ritonavir (with or without dasabuvir)
- Treatments for seizures – phenytoin, carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, and topiramate
- Certain antimicrobial drugs – griseofulvin, rifabutin
- Combination HIV medications that contain nelfinavir, nevirapine, or ritonavir
- Antifungal drugs – fluconazole, ketoconazole
- Statin drugs – atorvastatin, rosuvastatin
- Thyroid hormone replacement therapy
- Cortisol therapy – prednisone
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice
- Supplements that contain St. John’s wort
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Xulane.
You should not use Xulane if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient norelgestromin and ethinyl estradiol
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Xulane
- Are at high risk of arterial or venous thrombotic diseases
- Have breast cancer or another estrogen – or progestin-sensitive cancer
- Have liver tumors or liver disease
- Have undiagnosed abnormal uterine bleeding
- Have heart problems, high blood pressure, or if you are prone to blood clots
- Have depression
- Suffer from migraine headaches
- Have jaundice caused by pregnancy or birth control pills
- Have diabetes, gallbladder disease, or an underactive thyroid
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Xulane if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Xulane
- Have untreated or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have heart problems (chest pain, coronary artery disease, history of heart attack, stroke, or blood clot)
- Have an increased risk of having blood clots due to a hereditary blood disorder
- Have health problems caused by diabetes
- Have unusual vaginal bleeding
- Are overweight or have obesity and have a BMI (body mass index) of 30 or higher
- Take any hepatitis C medication containing ombitasvir, paritaprevir, or ritonavir
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – can decrease breast milk production
Xulane is the trademark brand name for norelgestromin and ethinyl estradiol manufactured by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. A generic version of norelgestromin and ethinyl estradiol is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Xulane savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.