Zegerid Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Zegerid medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx a Zegerid coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Zegerid coupon, Zegerid discount card, or Zegerid copay card provider. We do not offer Zegerid manufacturer coupons, Zegerid discounts, rebates, Zegerid savings cards, trial offers, or free Zegerid samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Wegovy patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Zegerid cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Zegerid cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Zegerid costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Zegerid oral capsules (20 mg-1100 mg) will cost around $3,500 for 30 capsules.
How much does Zegerid cost with insurance?
The copay for Zegerid will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Zegerid?
Zegerid is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Salix Pharmaceuticals. It is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) indicated in adults for the treatment of certain stomach and esophagus problems such as:
- Active duodenal ulcer
- Active benign gastric ulcer
- Erosive esophagitis (EE) due to acid-mediated gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Maintenance of healing of EE
Zegerid for oral suspension is used in adults to reduce the risk of upper gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding in critically ill patients.
Early symptoms of heartburn can be similar to those of a heart attack. Get emergency treatment if you have chest pain that, spreads to your jaw or shoulder and you have a feeling of anxiousness or lightheadedness. If you are self-treating with Zegerid OTC, omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate products are used to treat frequent heartburn occurring 2 or more days a week.
What doses of Zegerid are available?
Zegerid is available in capsule form, in the following doses;
- 20 mg omeprazole and 1,100 mg sodium bicarbonate
- 40 mg omeprazole and 1,100 mg sodium bicarbonate
and as an oral suspension;
- Omeprazole 20 mg and sodium bicarbonate 1,680 mg in unit-dose packets
- Omeprazole 40 mg and sodium bicarbonate 1,680 mg in unit-dose packets
Always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Zegerid active ingredients
The active ingredients of Zegerid are omeprazole, a proton pump inhibitor, and sodium bicarbonate, an antacid.
Zegerid side effects
The most common side effects of Zegerid in clinical trials include:
- Stomach pain, diarrhea, flatulence
- Nausea, vomiting
In rare instances, Zegerid can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Symptoms of a low magnesium blood level such as muscle spasms, irregular heartbeat, seizures)
- Sudden weight gain
- Signs of lupus (such as rash on the nose and cheeks
- New or worsening joint pain
- Clostridium difficile-Associated Diarrhea
- Bone fracture
- Cutaneous and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B-12) deficiency
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Zegerid against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Zegerid to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Zegerid drug interactions
Zegerid can interact with other medications. These include:
- Methotrexate (especially high-dose treatment)
- St John’s wort
- Zegerid decreases stomach acid and may change how well some products work – atazanavir, erlotinib, nelfinavir, pazopanib, and rilpivirine
- Tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil
- Blood thinners – warfarin, clopidogrel or cilostazol
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Zegerid. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Zegerid if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient omeprazole and sodium bicarbonate or esomeprazole, lansoprazole, and pantoprazole
- Are allergic to any of the other inactive ingredients such as gelatin, croscarmellose sodium, and sodium stearyl fumarate
Talk to your doctor before using Zegerid if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Zegerid
- Have a rare kidney disorder called Bartter’s syndrome;
- Have liver disease
- Have heart failure
- Have low levels of calcium, magnesium, or potassium levels in your blood
- Are of Asian descent
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Zegerid is the trademark brand name for omeprazole and sodium bicarbonate manufactured by Salix Pharmaceuticals. A generic version of omeprazole and sodium bicarbonate is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Zegerid savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.