Activase Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Activase medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Activase cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Activase prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Activase patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Activase patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Activase enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Activase patient assistance program?
Applying for the Activase patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Activase, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Activase assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Activase patient assistance program, we will also request your Activase medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx an Activase coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Activase coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Activase manufacturer coupons, Activase discounts, rebates, Activase savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Activase medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Activase if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Activase patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Activase
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Activase prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Activase with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Activase with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Activase cost without insurance?
Activase prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Activase intravenous powder for injection 50 mg will typically cost around $4,500 for 1 powder for injection.
What is Activase?
Activase contains the prescription medicine alteplase. This is an enzyme that dissolves blood clots in arteries in the body. It is used for the treatment of an acute heart attack or pulmonary embolism (a blocked blood vessel in your lungs).
Activase is used to treat:
- Acute ischemic stroke (blood clot in the brain) – treatment should be started as soon as possible but within 3 hours of onset
- Acute myocardial infarction (heart attack) to reduce the risk of death and of the incidence of heart failure
- To dissolve a blocked blood vessel in your lungs (pulmonary embolism)
Activase is given as an infusion directly into a vein, usually within 3 hours of the first sign of stroke or heart attack. You will be monitored closely while using this medicine and your doctor may prescribe medicine to stop you from having blood clots in the future. These types of medicines can make it harder for your blood to clot or for you to bruise more easily. You will need to take extra precautions if you are prescribed blood thinners.
Activase active ingredients
Alteplase is a serine protease enzyme, it is responsible for the conversion of plasminogen to plasmin in the body. It produces limited conversion of plasminogen without fibrin being present. When alteplase is administered into the body’s circulation, it attaches itself to fibrin in the blood clot and converts the plasminogen in the blood clot to plasmin. This starts the breakdown of the fibrin in the blood clot with a limited amount of breakdown of proteins or peptides into amino acids.
Activase side effects
The most common side effects caused by Activase include:
- Bleeding gums, nose bleeds
- Bleeding from a wound
- Heavy menstrual periods or bleeding from the vagina
- Bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomiting what looks like coffee grounds
- Pink or red urine
- Easily bruised
- Sudden headaches, dizziness, or feeling weak
- Sudden numb or weak feeling especially down side of your body, slurred speech, problems with vision and balance
- Chest pain spreading to the jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating
- Swelling, rapid weight gain, reduced urination
- increased blood pressure, blurred vision, anxiety
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Activase against your risk of side effects.
Activase drug interactions
Activase can interact with other medications. These include:
- Anti-platelets – abciximab, caplacizumab
- Other treatments for stroke and heart attacks – apixaban, betrixaban, dabigatran, edoxaban, rivaroxaban
- Treatment for cancer – dasatinib
- Blood thinners (anti-coagulants) – enoxaparin, heparin, warfarin
- Treatment for HIV – tipranavir
- Antidepressants – citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxteine
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – ibuprofen, diclofenac, ketoprofen
- Treatment for high blood pressure – captopril, fosinopril, perindopril
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Activase.
Activase warning and precautions
You should not use Activase if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient alteplase
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Activase
- Have bleeding inside your body
- have a brain tumor or aneurysm (dilated blood vessel)
- Have had a head injury or surgery on your brain or spinal cord within the past 3 months
- Have severe or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have a blood clotting disorder
- Have a recent history of stroke
Talk to your doctor before using Activase if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Activase
- Have bleeding in your brain, stomach, intestines, or urinary tract
- Have any heart problems
- Have a serious injury or have had major surgery
- Have severe bruising or infection around a vein where an IV was placed
- have had an organ biopsy
- Have eye problems caused by diabetes
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.