Adempas Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Adempas medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Adempas cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Adempas patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Adempas through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Adempas patient assistance program?
You could receive your Adempas without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Adempas patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Adempas.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Adempas patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Adempas medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx an Adempas coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Adempas patient assistance program. This means that we are not an Adempas coupon, an Adempas discount card, or an Adempas copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers, or free Adempas samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Adempas if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Adempas medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Adempas with insurance?
The cost of Adempas will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Adempas cost without insurance?
Adempas costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Adempas tablets 0.5 mg will typically cost around $1,200 for 9 tablets. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Adempas?
Adempas contains the prescription medicine riociguat, used for the treatment of two types of pulmonary hypertension. Pulmonary hypertension is a condition where the pressure in your blood vessels, from the heart to your lungs is too high.
- Chronic-Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH) – adempas is used after surgical treatment or if the CTEPH can not be operated on to help improve your ability to exercise and your WHO functional class. (The World Health Organisation (WHO) functional class system defines how severe your symptoms are and how they affect your day-to-day life).
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) – adempas is used to treat adults to help improve their WHO functional class, to improve their ability to exercise and to slow clinical worsening.
Desired results were seen when adempas was used alone or in combination with other medicines. Adempas is effective against PAH that has been inherited, that is from an unknown origin, or caused by connective tissue disease.
Adempas active ingredients
Riociguat helps to stimulate and improve the function of an enzyme called soluble guanylate cyclase (sGC). This enzyme is the receptor for nitric oxide (NO) in the cardiopulmonary system in the body. The binding of nitric oxide with the enzyme enhances the production of a chemical called cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). This chemical helps to control various different processes that help to maintain healthy blood vessels in your body.
Pulmonary hypertension is where not enough nitric oxide is made and ultimately not enough cGMP is made. Riociguat works by making sGC more sensitive to the nitric oxide in your body. This leads to more cGMP being made, causing blood vessels to dilate and your blood pressure to reduce.
Adempas side effects
The most common side effects caused by Adempas include:
- Nausea, headaches, dizziness
- Vomiting, diarrhea
- Swollen hands, legs, or feet
In rare instances, Adempas can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Unusual bleeding
- Coughing or vomiting blood or what looks like coffee grounds
- Anemia (low red blood cell count) – feeling tired, pale skin, short of breath, tired, cold hands or feet
- Irregular heartrate
- Chest pain
- Mucus cough
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Adempas against your risk of side effects.
Adempas drug interactions
Adempas can interact with other medications. These include:
- Medicines for the treatment of symptoms such as wheezing and shortness of breath, linked to bronchitis, asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis – aminophylline, dyphylline, oxtriphylline, theophylline
- Treatments for angina – amyl nitrite, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, nitroglycerin
- Treatments for erectile dysfunction – avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil
- Treatments for AIDs – cobicistat
- Blood thinners – dipyridamole
- Anti-fungal treatments – itraconazole, ketoconazole
- Anti-viral treatments for HIV/AIDS – nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir
- Treatment for cardiovascular disease and heart failure – vericiguat
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Adempas.
Adempas warning and precautions
You should not use Adempas if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient riociguat
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Adempas
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Adempas if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Adempas
- Have PAH (pulmonary arterial hypertension) linked to a condition called idiopathic interstitial pneumonias (PH-IIP)
- Have heart disease
- Have hypotension (low blood pressure) or any other blood circulation problems
- Have pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD)
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease or are receiving dialysis treatment
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.