Is NiceRx an Alymsys coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Alymsys coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Alymsys manufacturer coupons, Alymsys discounts, rebates, Alymsys savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs.
Alymsys patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Alymsys cost without insurance?
Alymsys prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Alymsys intravenous solution (maly 25 mg/mL) will typically cost around $770 for 4 milliliters.
How much does Alymsys cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Alymsys with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Alymsys?
Alymsys is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. It is a vascular endothelial growth factor inhibitor (VEGF) used to treat:
- Metastatic colorectal cancer, with intravenous fluorouracil chemotherapy for 1st or 2nd-line treatment
- Metastatic colorectal cancer, with fluoropyrimidine-irinotecan- or fluoropyrimidine oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy for 2nd-line treatment in patients who have progressed on a first-line bevacizumab product-containing treatment course
Alymsys is not recommended for adjuvant treatment of colon cancer:
- Unresectable, locally advanced, recurrent or metastatic non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer, with carboplatin and paclitaxel for first-line treatment
- Recurrent glioblastoma in adults
- Metastatic renal cell carcinoma with interferon alfa
- Persistent, recurrent, or metastatic cervical cancer, with paclitaxel and cisplatin, or paclitaxel and topotecan
- Epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer with paclitaxel, pegylated liposomal doxorubicin, or topotecan for platinum-resistant recurrent disease who received no more than 2 chemotherapy treatments already
Alymsys has bevacizumab biosimilar FDA approval to Avastin. Biosimilar means that the product is approved based on data, showing that it is highly similar to an FDA-approved biological product, known as a reference product and that there is no clinical difference between the biosimilar product and the reference product.
What doses of Alymsys are available?
Alymsys is available in injection form, in the following doses: 100 mg/4 mL, or 400 mg/16 mL in a single-dose vial.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Alymsys active ingredients
Alymsys contains bevacizumab-maly as the active ingredient.
Alymsys side effects
The most common side effects of Alymsys in clinical trials include:
- Change in taste
- Dry skin, exfoliative dermatitis
- Lacrimation disorder
- Back pain
In rare instances, Alymsys can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Gastrointestinal perforations and fistula
- Surgery and wound healing complications
- Severe or fatal hemorrhages
- Arterial thromboembolic events
- Venous thromboembolic events
- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome
- Renal injury and proteinuria
- Infusion-related reactions
- Embryo-fetal toxicity
- Ovarian failure
- Congestive heart failure
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Alymsys against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Alymsys to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Alymsys drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Alymsys, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medications including any supplements you are taking.
You should not use Alymsys if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient bevacizumab-maly
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Alymsys
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Alymsys if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Alymsys
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Alymsys is the trademark brand name for bevacizumab-maly manufactured by Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of bevacizumab-maly is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Alymsys savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.