Arixtra Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Arixtra medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Arixtra cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Arixtra patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Arixtra patient assistance?
We review each Arixtra enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Arixtra patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Arixtra patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Arixtra, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Arixtra coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Arixtra coupon, Arixtra discount card, or Arixtra copay card provider. We do not offer Arixtra manufacturer coupons, Arixtra discounts, rebates, Arixtra savings cards, trial offers, or free Arixtra samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Arixtra
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Arixtra prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Arixtra cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Arixtra costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Arixtra subcutaneous solution (2.5 mg/0.5 mL) will cost around $590 for 5 milliliters.
How much does Arixtra cost with insurance?
The copay for Arixtra will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Arixtra?
Arixtra is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline. It is used to prevent blood clots called deep vein thrombosis (DVT), which can lead to blood clots in the lungs (pulmonary embolism). A DVT can occur after certain types of surgery. The antithrombotic activity of fondaparinux sodium is the result of antithrombin III (ATIII) mediated selective inhibition of Factor Xa
Arixtra is a Factor Xa inhibitor (anticoagulant) indicated for:
- Prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in patients undergoing hip fracture surgery (including extended prophylaxis), hip replacement surgery, knee replacement surgery, or abdominal surgery
- Treatment of DVT or acute pulmonary embolism when administered in conjunction with warfarin
What doses of Arixtra are available?
Arixtra is available as single-dose, prefilled syringes, in the following doses: 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 7.5 mg, or 10 mg of fondaparinux.
For prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis give 2.5 mg subcutaneously once daily after hemostasis has been established. The first dose should be given no earlier than 6 to 8 hours after surgery and continued for 5 to 9 days. For patients undergoing hip fracture surgery, extended prophylaxis up to 24 additional days is recommended.
For the treatment of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism give 5 mg (bodyweight <50 kg), 7.5 mg (50 to 100 kg), or 10 mg (>100 kg) subcutaneously once daily. Treatment should continue for at least 5 days until an INR of 2 to 3 is achieved with warfarin sodium.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Arixtra active ingredients
The active ingredient of Arixtra is fondaparinux sodium.
Arixtra side effects
The most common adverse reactions of Arixtra in clinical trials include:
- Mild local irritation, bleeding, and rash may occur following subcutaneous injection at the injection site
- Anemia (low red blood cells)
- Increased wound drainage
- Dizziness, hypotension, confusion, bullous eruption
- Hematoma, postoperative hemorrhage, purpura
In rare instances, Arixtra can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Thrombocytopenia (low platelet) – routine complete blood counts (including platelet counts), serum creatinine level, and stool occult blood tests are recommended
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Arixtra against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Arixtra to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Arixtra drug interactions
Arixtra can interact with other medications. These include:
- Agents that may increase the risk of hemorrhage
- Low molecular weight heparins – epidural or spinal hematomas may occur
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [NSAIDs] – ibuprofen
- Platelet inhibitors
- Other anticoagulants
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Arixtra.
You should not use Arixtra if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient fondaparinux sodium
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Arixtra
- Have severe renal impairment in prophylaxis
- Have treatment of venous thromboembolism (VTE)
- Have active major bleeding
- Have bacterial endocarditis
- Have thrombocytopenia associated with a positive in vitro test for anti-platelet antibody in the presence of fondaparinux sodium
- Have a bodyweight of less than 50 kg (venous thromboembolism prophylaxis only)
- Have a genetic spinal defect, or have had a spinal catheter
- Have a history of spinal surgery, repeated spinal taps, or recent epidural anesthesia
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are younger than 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before using Arixtra if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Arixtra
- Have reduced renal or hepatic function – the risk of bleeding increases, your doctor may check your kidney function during treatment
- Have a bleeding disorder that is inherited or caused by disease
- Have had a stroke
- Have eye problems caused by diabetes
- Have uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have stomach or intestinal bleeding or an ulcer
- Have had brain, spine, or eye surgery
- Have an allergy to latex
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Arixtra is the trademark brand name for fondaparinux sodium manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline. A generic version of fondaparinux sodium is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Arixtra savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.