Fragmin Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Fragmin medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
The Fragmin patient assistance program is available to eligible individuals who are unable to afford their Fragmin medication. At NiceRx, we can help you to enroll in the program for $49 per month.* We work directly with your healthcare provider to submit your enrollment application on your behalf. By handling the full enrollment process for you, we can help you get easy and affordable access to the medications you need. If you are successfully enrolled in the program, we will also request prescription refills on your behalf for up to 1 year.
Your monthly Fragmin cost savings if eligible
The Fragmin patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Fragmin, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Fragmin patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Fragmin assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Fragmin patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Fragmin patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Fragmin.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Fragmin assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Fragmin patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Fragmin.
Is NiceRx a Fragmin coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Fragmin patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Fragmin samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Fragmin coupons, discount cards, or Fragmin copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Fragmin if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Fragmin medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Fragmin with insurance?
The cost of Fragmin will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Fragmin with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Fragmin cost without insurance?
Fragmin prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Fragmin subcutaneous solution (2500 intl units/0.2 mL) typically costs $275 for 2 milliliters.
What is Fragmin?
Fragmin contains the prescription medicine dalteparin. Dalteparin is classed as an anticoagulant that stops blood clots from forming in your body. Fragmin is used:
- In combination with aspirin for the prevention of complications in blood vessels in patients with unstable angina or myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- For the prevention of DVT’s (deep vein thrombosis), which can lead to pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lung) in patients who are having surgery or patients that have severely limited mobility and are at risk of developing a blood clot
- For the long-term treatment of VTE (venous thromboembolism), blood clots in veins in adults. Fragmin may also be used to stop VTE from happening again in children 1 month or older
Fragmin active ingredients
Dalteparin is a form of heparin that reduces the formation of blood clots. Dalteparin works by improving the effects of antithrombin at blocking the blood clotting action of Factor Xa and thrombin in the body.
Fragmin is given every day if being used for DVT or blood vessel complications until the clotting condition improves. When used for VTE, Fragmin is used for several months. Fragmin is injected under the skin, not into a muscle. You should not use the same injection site twice in a row. A healthcare professional may show you how to use the medication by yourself. Prepare an injection only when you are ready to give it. You may use the same Fragmin vial for up to 2 weeks, but remember to throw the vial away after 2 weeks, even if there is still medicine left over. You will need regular medical checks while you are using this medicine.
Fragmin side effects
The most common side effects caused by Fragmin include:
- Bruising or bleeding
- Pain or swelling where the medicine was injected
In rare instances, Fragmin can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), bleeding from wounds or needle injections, or any bleeding that will not stop
- Purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin
- Black or bloody stools
- Coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Sudden weakness, severe headache, confusion, or problems with speech, vision, or balance
- Difficulty breathing
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Fragmin against your risk of side effects.
Fragmin drug interactions
Fragmin can interact with other medications. These include:
- Blood thinners – apixaban, aspirin, clopidogrel, dipyridamole, enoxaparin, heparin, rivaroxaban
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – bromfenac, diclofenac, ibuprofen, naproxen
- Treatments for high blood pressure – captopril, enalapril, fosinopril, lisinopril, ramipril
- Antidepressants – citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, sertraline
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Fragmin.
Fragmin warning and precautions
You should not use Fragmin if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dalteparin, heparin, or pork products
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Fragmin
- Have active or uncontrolled bleeding
- Have unstable angina
- Have non-Q-wave myocardial infarction
- Have an epidural (with planned long-term use of Fragmin)
- Have a history of blood clots or low levels of platelets in your blood while using heparin
Talk to your doctor before using Fragmin if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Fragmin
- Have eye problems caused by diabetes or high blood pressure
- Have severe liver or kidney disease
- Have had recent stomach bleeding
- Have low levels of platelets in your blood
- Have high potassium levels
- Have recently had a spinal tap or epidural anesthesia
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.