Astagraf XL Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Astagraf XL medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx an Astagraf XL coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Astagraf XL patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Astagraf XL samples. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Astagraf XL coupons, discount cards, or Astagraf XL copay cards.
Astagraf XL patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Astagraf XL cost without insurance?
Astagraf XL prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Astagraf XL extended-release capsules 0.5 mg typically cost $90 for 30 capsules.
How much does Astagraf XL cost with insurance?
The copay for Astagraf XL will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Astagraf XL with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Astagraf XL?
Astagraf XL is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Astellas Pharma US, Inc. Astagraf XL is a calcineurin-inhibitor immunosuppressant used for the prophylaxis of organ rejection in kidney transplant patients. It is used with other immunosuppressants such as mycophenolate mofetil.
What doses of Astagraf XL are available?
Astagraf XL is available as a capsule formulation, in the following doses: 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 5 mg.
Take Astragaf XL orally on an empty stomach (1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal), once daily in the morning. Swallow the capsules whole. Do not crush or chew the capsules. Your dose will be based on your body weight, medical condition, blood test results, your response to previous treatment, and your previous dose of tacrolimus.
If you miss a dose up to 14 hours from the scheduled time, take the dose as soon as you remember. If more than 14 hours have passed from the scheduled time, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at your regular time.
Astagraf XL may increase your risk of developing skin cancer. Avoid tanning booths, sunlamps, and limit your time in the sun. Use sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors.
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning and the medication guide. Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Astagraf XL active ingredients
Astagraf XL contains tacrolimus as the active ingredient.
Astagraf XL side effects
The most common side effects of Astagraf XL in clinical trials include:
- Diarrhea, constipation, nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite
- Peripheral edema, tremor, and anemia
- Abnormal dreams, trouble sleeping
- Blurred vision
- Cough, dry mouth, sore throat
- Fever, headache,
- Flushed, dry skin, itching, skin rash
- Increased hunger, increased thirst, increased urination
- Muscle pains, joint pain, or twitching
- Hallucinations, confusion, depression, dizziness, loss of consciousness
- Sweating, swelling of the feet or lower legs, problems breathing
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual bleeding or bruising, unusual tiredness
In rare instances, Astagraf XL can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased risk of developing serious infections and malignancies (lymphomas, skin) that may lead to hospitalization or death
- Increased mortality in female liver transplant patients
- Graft rejection and other serious adverse reactions due to medication errors
- Nephrotoxicity (acute and/or chronic) due to Astagraf XL and concomitant nephrotoxic drugs
- Neurotoxicity [including the risk of posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES)]
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- QT prolongation
- Pure red cell aplasia – consider discontinuation
- Post-transplant diabetes mellitus
- Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder
- Torsade de Pointes
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy – loss of coordination, weakness, confusion, difficulty concentrating, difficulty moving your muscles, problems with speech, seizure, and vision changes
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Astagraf XL against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Astagraf XL to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Astagraf XL drug interactions
Astagraf XL can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antacids – aluminum, magnesium
- Cyclosporine, sirolimus, temsirolimus, ziprasidone
- Other drugs that increase the level of potassium in the blood – amiloride, spironolactone
- Other drugs that weaken the immune system, and increase the risk of infection – natalizumab, rituximab
- Medications that affect the removal of tacrolimus from your body – cimetidine, danazol, nefazodone, ethinyl estradiol, methylprednisolone, St. John’s wort
- Azole antifungals – itraconazole, voriconazole
- HIV and HCV protease inhibitors – nelfinavir, ritonavir, boceprevir, telaprevir
- Rifamycins – rifampin, rifabutin
- Anticonvulsants – phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Live vaccines
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Astagraf XL. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Astagraf XL contraindications
You should not use Astagraf XL if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient tacrolimus
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Astagraf XL
- Have congenital long QT syndrome
- Suffer from bradyarrhythmias
- Have electrolyte disturbances
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Astagraf XL if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Astagraf XL
- Have a hepatic or renal impairment
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Astagraf XL generic
Astagraf XL is the trademark brand name for tacrolimus manufactured by Astellas Pharma US, Inc. A generic version of tacrolimus is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Astagraf XL savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.