Astagraf XL Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Astagraf XL medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Astagraf XL cost savings if eligible
The Astagraf XL patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Astagraf XL, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Astagraf XL patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Astagraf XL assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Astagraf XL patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Astagraf XL patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Astagraf XL.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Astagraf XL assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Astagraf XL patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Astagraf XL.
Is NiceRx an Astagraf XL coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Astagraf XL patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Astagraf XL samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Astagraf XL coupons, discount cards, or Astagraf XL copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Astagraf XL cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Astagraf XL medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Astagraf XL cost without insurance?
Astagraf XL prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Astagraf XL extended-release capsules 0.5 mg typically cost $90 for 30 capsules.
How much does Astagraf XL cost with insurance?
The copay for Astagraf XL will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Astagraf XL with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Astagraf XL?
Astagraf XL is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Astellas Pharma US, Inc. Astagraf XL is a calcineurin-inhibitor immunosuppressant used for the prophylaxis of organ rejection in kidney transplant patients. It is used with other immunosuppressants such as mycophenolate mofetil.
What doses of Astagraf XL are available?
Astagraf XL is available as a capsule formulation, in the following doses: 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 5 mg.
Take Astragaf XL orally on an empty stomach (1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal), once daily in the morning. Swallow the capsules whole. Do not crush or chew the capsules. Your dose will be based on your body weight, medical condition, blood test results, your response to previous treatment, and your previous dose of tacrolimus.
If you miss a dose up to 14 hours from the scheduled time, take the dose as soon as you remember. If more than 14 hours have passed from the scheduled time, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at your regular time.
Astagraf XL may increase your risk of developing skin cancer. Avoid tanning booths, sunlamps, and limit your time in the sun. Use sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors.
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning and the medication guide. Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Astagraf XL active ingredients
Astagraf XL contains tacrolimus as the active ingredient.
Astagraf XL side effects
The most common side effects of Astagraf XL in clinical trials include:
- Diarrhea, constipation, nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite
- Peripheral edema, tremor, and anemia
- Abnormal dreams, trouble sleeping
- Blurred vision
- Cough, dry mouth, sore throat
- Fever, headache,
- Flushed, dry skin, itching, skin rash
- Increased hunger, increased thirst, increased urination
- Muscle pains, joint pain, or twitching
- Hallucinations, confusion, depression, dizziness, loss of consciousness
- Sweating, swelling of the feet or lower legs, problems breathing
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual bleeding or bruising, unusual tiredness
In rare instances, Astagraf XL can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased risk of developing serious infections and malignancies (lymphomas, skin) that may lead to hospitalization or death
- Increased mortality in female liver transplant patients
- Graft rejection and other serious adverse reactions due to medication errors
- Nephrotoxicity (acute and/or chronic) due to Astagraf XL and concomitant nephrotoxic drugs
- Neurotoxicity [including the risk of posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES)]
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- QT prolongation
- Pure red cell aplasia – consider discontinuation
- Post-transplant diabetes mellitus
- Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder
- Torsade de Pointes
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy – loss of coordination, weakness, confusion, difficulty concentrating, difficulty moving your muscles, problems with speech, seizure, and vision changes
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Astagraf XL against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Astagraf XL to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Astagraf XL drug interactions
Astagraf XL can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antacids – aluminum, magnesium
- Cyclosporine, sirolimus, temsirolimus, ziprasidone
- Other drugs that increase the level of potassium in the blood – amiloride, spironolactone
- Other drugs that weaken the immune system, and increase the risk of infection – natalizumab, rituximab
- Medications that affect the removal of tacrolimus from your body – cimetidine, danazol, nefazodone, ethinyl estradiol, methylprednisolone, St. John’s wort
- Azole antifungals – itraconazole, voriconazole
- HIV and HCV protease inhibitors – nelfinavir, ritonavir, boceprevir, telaprevir
- Rifamycins – rifampin, rifabutin
- Anticonvulsants – phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Live vaccines
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Astagraf XL. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Astagraf XL contraindications
You should not use Astagraf XL if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient tacrolimus
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Astagraf XL
- Have congenital long QT syndrome
- Suffer from bradyarrhythmias
- Have electrolyte disturbances
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Astagraf XL if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Astagraf XL
- Have a hepatic or renal impairment
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Astagraf XL generic
Astagraf XL is the trademark brand name for tacrolimus manufactured by Astellas Pharma US, Inc. A generic version of tacrolimus is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Astagraf XL savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.