Your monthly Avycaz cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Avycaz prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Avycaz patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Avycaz patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Avycaz enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Avycaz patient assistance program?
Applying for the Avycaz patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Avycaz, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Avycaz assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Avycaz patient assistance program, we will also request your Avycaz medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx an Avycaz coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Avycaz coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Avycaz manufacturer coupons, Avycaz discounts, rebates, Avycaz savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Avycaz medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Avycaz cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Avycaz patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Avycaz
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Avycaz prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Avycaz cost without insurance?
Avycaz prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Avycaz will typically cost around $$$$. Intravenous powder for injection (0.5 g-2 g) is around $3,788 for a supply of 10 powder for injection.
How much does Avycaz cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Avycaz with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Avycaz?
Avycaz is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Allergan. Avycaz is a combination of ceftazidime, and avibactam used to treat the following bacterial infections:
- In combination with metronidazole, for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI), in adult patients and pediatric patients 3 months of age or older caused by the following susceptible Gram-negative microorganisms: E. coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Proteus mirabilis, E. cloacae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Citrobacter freundii complex, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Complicated urinary tract infections (cUTI) including pyelonephritis in adult and pediatric patients 3 months of age or older caused by E. coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, E. cloacae, Citrobacter freundii complex, Proteus mirabilis, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Hospital-acquired bacterial pneumonia and ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia (HABP/VABP) in patients 18 years of age or older caused by Klebsiella pneumoniae, E cloacae, E Coli, Serratia marcescens, Proteus mirabilis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and H influenzae
To reduce drug-resistant bacteria development and to maintain the effectiveness of Avycas and other antibacterial drugs, Avycas treatment should only be used to treat infections that are either proven or strongly linked to susceptible bacteria.
Avycas is not recommended for use against bacteria that produce Metallo-beta-lactamases and may not work against Gram-negative bacteria that overexpress efflux pumps or have porin mutations.
What doses of Avycaz are available?
Avycaz is available in injection form, in single-dose vials containing 2 grams of ceftazidime (equivalent to 2.635 grams of ceftazidime pentahydrate/sodium carbonate powder) and 0.5 grams of avibactam (equivalent to 0.551 grams of avibactam sodium).
Please read the prescribing information and always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Avycaz active ingredients
Avycaz contains ceftazidime and avibactam as the active ingredients. Ceftazidime is a cephalosporin antibiotic that prevents the growth of bacteria. Avibactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that improves the effectiveness of ceftazidime.
Avycaz side effects
The most common side effects of Avycaz in clinical trials include:
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea, and vomiting
- Infusion site phlebitis
In rare instances, Avycaz can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Decreased effectiveness in adult cIAI patients with baseline CrCl of 30 to less than or equal to 50 mL/ min. Monitor CrCl daily in patients with changing renal function and adjust the dose as required
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD)
- Central nervous system reactions may occur, especially in patients with renal impairment
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Avycaz against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Avycaz to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Avycaz drug interactions
Avycaz can interact with other medications. These include:
- Probenecid In vitro
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Avycaz.
You should not use Avycaz if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients ceftazidime or avibactam or to penicillins, beta-lactam antibiotics, beta-lactamase inhibitors, or other cephalosporins
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Avycaz
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Avycaz if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Avycaz
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Avycaz is the trademark brand name for ceftazidime/avibactam manufactured by Allergan. A generic version of ceftazidime/avibactam is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Avycaz savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.