Zerbaxa Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Zerbaxa medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Zerbaxa cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Zerbaxa patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Zerbaxa patient assistance?
We review each Zerbaxa enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Zerbaxa patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Zerbaxa patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Zerbaxa. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Zerbaxa coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Zerbaxa coupon, Zerbaxa discount card, or Zerbaxa copay card provider. We do not offer Zerbaxa manufacturer coupons, Zerbaxa discounts, rebates, Zerbaxa savings cards, trial offers, or free Zerbaxa samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Zerbaxa patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Zerbaxa if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Zerbaxa if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Zerbaxa
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Zerbaxa prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Zerbaxa medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Zerbaxa with insurance?
The cost of Zerbaxa with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Zerbaxa cost without insurance?
Zerbaxa prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, 10 Zerbaxa powders for injection (1 g- 0.5 g) will cost around $1,300.
What is Zerbaxa?
Zerbaxa contains a combination of the prescription medicines ceftolozane and tazobactam. It is an antibiotic used for the treatment of patients 18 years of age or older, specifically for:
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI) – Zerbaxa is used in combination with metronidazole
- Complicated Urinary Tract Infections, Including Pyelonephritis
- Hospital-Acquired Bacterial Pneumonia And Ventilator-Associated Bacterial Pneumonia (HABP/VABP)
Zerbaxa should only be used for the treatment of, or prevention of infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by bacteria not resistant to ceftolozane or tazobactam. This is to reduce the chance of drug-resistant bacteria developing and to make sure Zerbaxa and other anti-bacterial drugs remain effective.
Zerbaxa is mixed with a liquid and then further diluted with another liquid in an IV bag, it is then given as an infusion into a vein. Zerbaxa mixed in an IV bag must be used within 24 hours if you are keeping it at room temperature, or within 7 days if you keep it in a refrigerator.
Zerbaxa active ingredients
Ceftolozane belongs to the class of antibacterial drugs called cephalosporin. Ceftolozane is highly attracted to and attaches itself to penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs). Ceftolozane blocks the action of PBPs of P. aeruginosa and E. coli. ultimately stopping the formation of cell walls and killing the bacteria.
Tazobactam has an irreversible blocking action on some beta-lactamases. Beta-lactamase enzymes normally break down antibiotics, making the antibiotic ineffective and making the bacteria resistant to the antibiotic. Tazobactam also attaches itself to chromosomal and plasmid-mediated bacterial beta-lactamase enzymes, this also helps to prevent bacterial resistance to the antibiotic.
Zerbaxa side effects
The most common side effects caused by Zerbaxa include:
- Nausea, headaches
- Abnormal liver function tests
In rare instances, Zerbaxa can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe stomach pains
- Watery or bloody diarrhea, which can happen months after your last dose
- Kidney problems – little or no urination, swollen feet or ankles, tiredness, or difficulty breathing
- Sudden numbness or weakness, especially down one side of your face or body, problems with vision or speech
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Zerbaxa against your risk of side effects.
Zerbaxa drug interactions
Zerbaxa can interact with other medications. These include:
- Vaccines – BCG, cholera
- Diuretics – bumetanide, furosemide, torsemide
- Treatment for HIV/AIDS – entecavir
- Steroid hormones – estradiol, ethinyl estradiol
- Anti-biotics – amikacin, gentamicin, kanamycin, neomycin, streptomycin, tobramycin
- DMARDs (disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs) – mycophenolate mofetil
- Treatment for gout and hyperuricemia (excess uric acid in your blood) – probenecid
- Anticoagulant blood thinners – warfarin, dicumarol
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Zerbaxa.
Zerbaxa warning and precautions
You should not use Zerbaxa if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient ceftolozane or tazobactam
- Are allergic to amoxicillin, ampicillin, penicillin, ticarcillin
- Are allergic to cefprozil, cefuroxime, cephalexin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Zerbaxa
Talk to your doctor before using Zerbaxa if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Zerbaxa
- Have kidney disease or are on dialysis
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.