Azopt Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Azopt medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Azopt cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Azopt prescription through the patient assistance program your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for the Azopt patient assistance program?
To be eligible for the Azopt patient assistance program you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx we review each Azopt enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Azopt patient assistance program?
Applying for the Azopt patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Azopt, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Azopt assistance we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Azopt patient assistance program we will also automatically request your Azopt medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx an Azopt coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Azopt coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Azopt manufacturer coupons, Azopt discounts, rebates, Azopt savings cards, trial offers or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Azopt medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Azopt if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Azopt patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Azopt
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Azopt prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Azopt with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Azopt with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much is Azopt without insurance?
Azopt prices without insurance will vary by retailer, but as a guide, 10milliliters of 1% Azopt ophthalmic suspension will typically cost around $368.
What is Azopt?
Azopt is an eye medicine given to adults to treat certain types of glaucoma and other causes of high pressure in the eyes. Azopt may be used alone or with other medications.
Azopt is a prescription medication you put into your eyes as a liquid suspension using a dropper bottle. Azopt belongs to a class of drugs called Antiglaucoma, Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors. Your doctor will tell you how much Azopt to use and for how long based on their assessment of your condition.
Azopt active ingredients
The active ingredient in Azopt is called brinzolamide. When Azopt is applied to the eyes it slows the formation of aqueous humor, a liquid in your eye. This helps to lower the pressure in your eye.
High pressure within the eye can cause optic nerve damage and vision loss.
Azopt side effects
As with all medications Azopt can cause side effects. Only some people get side effects however and these side effects can vary by person.
The most common side effects caused by Azopt include:
- Bitter or unusual taste in the mouth
- Dry, burning, or stinging in the eye
- Discomfort or feeling of something in the eye
- Stuffy or runny nose, sneezing
Sometimes Azopt can cause more serious side effects. While these are rarer they can include:
- Blurred vision
- Discharge from the eye
- Dry, red, sore, irritated, or pain in the eye or eyelid
- Skin rash
- Dizziness and double vision
- Wheezing, cough, or chest pain
Azopt drug interactions
Azopt can interact with other medications. This can change how Azopt and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, including vitamins, herbal and dietary supplements, particularly:
- Any other products you put into your eyes
- Any oral medications that contain a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor as there is a potential for an additive effect and is not recommended.
- High dose salicylate therapy such as bismuth subsalicylate, choline salicylate, magnesium salicylate, aspirin
Azopt warning and precautions
Do not use while wearing soft contact lenses. A preservative in this medicine could damage the lenses. Azopt may cause blurred vision and may impair your reactions. Avoid driving or hazardous activity until you know how this medicine will affect you. Do not take the medication if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient brinzolamide
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Azopt
Talk to your doctor before taking Azopt if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Azopt
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are using other eye medications
- Have narrow-angle glaucoma
- Have an allergy to sulfa drugs
- Have kidney disease
- Have an eye infection, injury or plan to have eye surgery
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.