Benlysta Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Benlysta medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Benlysta cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Benlysta patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Benlysta prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Benlysta patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Benlysta patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Benlysta patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Benlysta patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Benlysta. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Benlysta assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Benlysta patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Benlysta medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Benlysta coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Benlysta patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Benlysta manufacturer coupons, Benlysta discounts, or free Benlysta samples. We are not a Benlysta coupon provider or Benlysta discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Benlysta if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Benlysta patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Benlysta medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Benlysta with insurance?
The cost of Benlysta with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Benlysta cost without insurance?
Benlysta prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and the amount you buy. As a guide, Benlysta intravenous powder for injection 120 mg usually costs $580 for 1 powder for injection. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Benlysta?
Benlysta contains the prescription medicine belimumab. Belimumab is a monoclonal antibody designed to only work on certain cells in the body. Benlysta works by acting on your immune system.
Benlysta is used in combination with other medicines to treat active systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). SLE is an autoimmune disease where the immune system becomes confused and attacks the body. Benlysta helps to reduce disease activity more than if the other medicines were used alone.
Benlysta is for use in adults and children 5 years of age or older.
Benlysta is not used if you have severe kidney problems caused by SLE, or have active SLE that affects your central nervous system (brain, nerves, and spinal cord).
Benlysta active ingredients
Benlysta works by blocking the action of BLyS (B lymphocyte stimulator). BLyS is involved in the lifecycle of B cells in your body. B-cells are responsible for the production of antibodies in your humoral immune system. Benlysta works by attaching itself to BLyS, this reduces the survival rate of the B cells and reduces the effects on your immune system.
Benlysta side effects
The most common side effects caused by Benlysta include:
- A reaction where the shot was given – itching, redness, swelling, pain
- Cough, sore throat, stuffy or runny nose, fever
- Depressed mood
- Insomnia (problems sleeping)
In rare instances, Benlysta can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Difficulty breathing, tightness in your chest
- Changes in mood or behavior – depression, anxiety, thoughts about hurting yourself or others
- Bloody diarrhea
- Urinating more or pain or burning sensation when you urinate
- Skin reactions – sores, redness, or warm
- Cough with mucus
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Benlysta against your risk of side effects.
Benlysta drug interactions
Benlysta can interact with other medications. These include:
- Other vaccines – BCG, influenza, measles, mumps, polio, rotavirus, rubella, smallpox, typhoid, yellow fever, zoster
- Treatment for rheumatoid arthritis – adalimumab, etanercept, infliximab, golimumab, baricitinib, upadacitinib, tofacitinib
- Treatment for cancer – cladribine
- Antipsychotics – clozapine
- Treatment for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- Immunosuppressants – leflunomide, teriflunomide
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Benlysta.
Benlysta warning and precautions
You should not use Benlysta if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient belimumab
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Benlysta
Talk to your doctor before using Benlysta if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Benlysta
- Have an active or chronic infection
- Suffer from mental illness or depression
- Have suicidal thoughts or actions
- Have cancer
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.