Orencia Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Orencia medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Orencia cost savings if eligible
The Orencia patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Orencia, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Orencia patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Orencia assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Orencia patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Orencia patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Orencia.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Orencia assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Orencia patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Orencia.
Is NiceRx a Orencia coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Orencia patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Orencia samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Orencia coupons, discount cards, or Orencia copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Orencia if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Orencia medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Orencia with insurance?
The cost of Orencia will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Orencia with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Orencia cost without insurance?
Orencia prices without insurance will vary by retailer, but Orencia is generally considered an expensive medication. As a guide, one month’s supply of Orencia typically costs around $1,700.
What is Orencia?
Orencia is a prescription medicine used to treat inflammatory autoimmune disorders, including:
- Moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis in adults
- Active psoriatic arthritis in adults
- Moderate to severe polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis in children aged 2 years and over
These inflammatory autoimmune diseases typically cannot be permanently cured. They will likely affect you for life, but you will have periods where symptoms ease off or disappear and periods where your symptoms flare-up and become more severe. Medications like Orencia can help you manage your symptoms and reduce the severity of your flareups.
If you have an inflammatory autoimmune disease your doctor may prescribe Orencia to you. It is a medication that is given to you by a healthcare professional as an intravenous infusion (IV infusion) directly into a vein. It helps to reduce inflammation in your body, easing the symptoms of your inflammatory autoimmune disease. You typically receive Orencia infusions every four weeks, but your doctor will tell you how much Orencia you will need and how often you will have infusions based on your condition and medical history.
Orencia active ingredients
The active ingredient in Orencia is called abatacept. It helps to ease the symptoms of your disease by reducing how much inflammation your immune system can trigger. Abatacept does this by stopping some of your white blood cells (called T-cells) from becoming activated and thereby blocking the inflammatory process.
Orencia side effects
The most common side effects caused by Orencia include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Stomach (abdominal) pain
- A sore throat
- A cough
- An increase in upper respiratory tract infections (like common colds or sinus infections)
Occasionally, Orencia can cause more serious side effects, such as:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause a rapid heartbeat, chest pain, sweating, skin rashes, and hives, as well as swelling of the face, mouth, and throat that can make it difficult to breathe
- A weakening of your immune system that can make you more vulnerable to infections, including serious infections
- A reactivation of a hepatitis B infection if you have previously had hepatitis B
- Worsening breathing problems in people who have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Orencia drug interactions
Orencia can interact with other medications. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly any other biological medications used to treat your condition. These may include:
- Medication for auto-immune diseases – adalimumab, infliximab, rituximab, golimumab, tocilizumab, certolizumab, etanercept
- Anakinra – used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
- Leflunomide, teriflunomide – for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
- Siponimod, ozanimod, fingolimod – for the treatment of multiple sclerosis
- Vaccines for – bcg, influenza, measles, mumps, polio, rubella, smallpox, typhoid, yellow fever, varicella, zoster
Orencia warning and precautions
Orencia is not suitable for children under 2 years of age for treating polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Do not take Orencia if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient abatacept
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Orencia
- Are under 18 years of age to treat rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis
Talk to your doctor before taking Orencia if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Orencia
- Have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Have diabetes
- Currently have an active infection, or think you have an infection
- Often get infections, or have infections that keep coming back
- Have ever had tuberculosis (TB) or have recently been around someone who has tuberculosis
- Have, or have had, inflammation of your liver caused by an infection (viral hepatitis)
- Are due to have surgery
- Are due to have a vaccination
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.