Boostrix Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Boostrix medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Boostrix cost savings if eligible
The Boostrix patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Boostrix, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Boostrix patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Boostrix assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Boostrix patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Boostrix patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Boostrix.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Boostrix assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Boostrix patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Boostrix.
Is NiceRx a Boostrix coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Boostrix patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Boostrix samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Boostrix coupons, discount cards, or Boostrix copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Boostrix if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Boostrix medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Boostrix cost without insurance?
Boostrix prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Boostrix (Tdap) intramuscular suspension (5 units-2.5 units-18.5 mcg/0.5 mL) typically costs $470 for 5 milliliters.
How much does Boostrix cost with insurance?
The copay for Boostrix will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Boostrix with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Boostrix?
Boostrix vaccine, also known as a Tdap vaccine is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). It is indicated for active booster immunization against tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis in individuals 10 years of age and older. Most people in this age group require only one Tdap shot for protection.
DTap is a combination vaccine used to provide immunity against 3 serious diseases (Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis) whereas a Tdap vaccine is a booster dose used to boost your immune system.
What doses of Boostrix are available?
Boostrix is available as single-dose vials and single-dose prefilled syringes containing a 0.5-ml suspension for injection.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Boostrix active ingredients
Boostrix contains Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid, and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine, Adsorbed as the active ingredients.
Boostrix side effects
The most common adverse events of Boostrix in clinical trials include:
- In adolescents (aged 10 to 18 years) – pain, redness, and swelling at the injection site, an increase in arm circumference of the injected arm, headache, tiredness, and gastrointestinal symptoms
- In adults (aged 19 to 64 years) – pain, redness, and swelling at the injection site, headache, tiredness, and gastrointestinal symptoms
- In the elderly (aged 65 years and older) -pain at the injection site
In rare instances, Boostrix can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Guillain-Barré syndrome – if this occurred within 6 weeks of receipt of a prior vaccine containing tetanus toxoid, the risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome may be increased following the second dose of tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine
- Progressive or unstable neurologic disorders
- Arthus-type hypersensitivity – if this reaction has occurred following a previous dose of a tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine you should not receive Boostrix unless at least 10 years have elapsed since the last dose of a tetanus toxoid containing vaccine
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Boostrix against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Boostrix to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Boostrix drug interactions
Boostrix can interact with other medications:
- In patients aged 11 to 18 years, lower levels for antibodies to pertactin (PRN) were seen when Boostrix was given with meningococcal conjugate vaccine (serogroups A, C, Y, and W-135) as compared with Boostrix given first
- In subjects aged 19 to 64 years, lower levels for antibodies to filamentous hemagglutinin and PRN were seen when Boostrix was given with an inactivated influenza vaccine as compared with Boostrix alone
- Do not mix Boostrix with any other vaccine in the same syringe or vial
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Boostrix.
You should not use Boostrix if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid or Acellular Pertussis Vaccine, Adsorbed
- Have had life-threatening severe allergic reactions after a previous dose of any tetanus toxoid, diphtheria toxoid, or pertussis antigen-containing vaccine or to any component of Boostrix
- Encephalopathy within 7 days of administration of a previous pertussis antigen-containing vaccine
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommends all pregnant women receive 1 dose of Tdap during each pregnancy ideally between 27 and 36 weeks of gestation regardless of vaccination history and time since prior Td or Tdap
Talk to your doctor before using Boostrix if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Boostrix
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Boostrix is the trademark brand name for Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine, Adsorbed manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). A generic version of Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine, Adsorbed is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Boostrix savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.