Pentacel Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Pentacel medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Pentacel cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Pentacel prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Pentacel patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Pentacel patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Pentacel enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Pentacel patient assistance program?
Applying for the Pentacel patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Pentacel, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Pentacel assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Pentacel patient assistance program, we will also request your Pentacel medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Pentacel coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Pentacel coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Pentacel manufacturer coupons, Pentacel discounts, rebates, Pentacel savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Pentacel medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Pentacel if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Pentacel patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Pentacel
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Pentacel prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Pentacel with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Pentacel with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Pentacel cost without insurance?
Pentacel prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Pentacel will typically cost around $550 for 5 kits.
What is Pentacel?
Pentacel is a combination of 5 vaccines used to immunize against diphtheria, Haemophilus influenzae type B, pertussis, polio, and tetanus. Pentacel is a four-dose treatment used for children aged 6 weeks through 4 years. Pentacel contains inactivated forms of virus or non-toxic versions of the bacteria that stimulate the child’s immune system to develop immunity to the disease. The vaccine will not treat an already active infection in the body and not everyone will develop immunity from every disease to the same extent.
Pentacel is given as an injection into a muscle by your doctor. It is given as 4 separate shots, the first shot is given at 2 months, with the final shot given between the age of 15 to 18 months.
Pentacel active ingredients
Diphtheria is an infection caused by toxins released by certain types of diphtheria known as Corynebacterium diphtheriae. Immunity to this is developed by the production of antibodies to diphtheria toxin.
Tetanus (also known as “lockjaw”, as it can cause a person’s neck and jaw muscles to lock) is an infection caused by Clostridium tetani. Immunity is developed by the production of antibodies to tetanus toxin.
Pertussis (whooping cough) is a respiratory disease caused by Bordetella pertussis. This bacteria creates a variety of chemical responses within the body, although how they are involved in the development of the disease or immunity is not clearly understood.
Polioviruses are enteroviruses, you normally find them in the gastrointestinal tract, but they can spread to the central nervous system as well as other parts of the body. Poliovirus antibodies are produced for the development of immunity against polio.
H. influenzae type b can cause diseases such as meningitis and sepsis. Anti-PRP antibody has been shown to develop protection against disease due to H. influenzae type b.
Pentacel side effects
The most common side effects caused by Pentacel include:
- Mild fever
- Swelling, pain, or tenderness where the shot was injected
In rare instances, Pentacel can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Life-threatening allergic reaction – hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Very drowsy or fainting
- High fever
- Irritability and crying
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Pentacel against your risk of side effects.
Pentacel drug interactions
Pentacel can interact with other medications. These include:
- Immuno-modulators and Immunosuppressants – abatacept, etanercept, baricitinib
- Treatments for cancer – abemaciclib, palbociclib, azathioprine, nilotinib
- Treatments for SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) – belimumab
- Steroid treatments – cortisone, fludrocortisone, prednisolone
- Treatments for chemotherapy – dactinomycin, mitomycin
- Medication for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, siponimod, ozanimod
- Medication used to prevent organ transplant rejection – sirolimus, tacrolimus
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Pentacel.
Pentacel warning and precautions
You should not use Pentacel if your child:
- Is allergic to vaccines containing diphtheria, haemophilus, pertussis, polio, or tetanus
- Is allergic to any of the other ingredients in Pentacel
- Has a neurologic disorder or disease affecting the brain, or has had this reaction to a previous vaccine
- Has ever had a similar vaccine that caused:
- a very high fever, over 104 degrees
- excessive crying for 3 hours or more
- fainting or going into shock, within 48 hours after receiving a vaccine containing pertussis
- an allergy to neomycin, streptomycin or polymyxin B, or yeast
- a seizure, within 3 days after receiving a vaccine containing pertussis
- Guillain-Barré syndrome, within 6 weeks after receiving a vaccine containing tetanus
Talk to your doctor before using Pentacel if your child:
- Is taking any of the medications that could interact with Pentacel
- Has a history of seizures or was a premature birth
- Has a weak immune system caused by disease, bone marrow transplant, using certain medicines, or receiving cancer treatments
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.