Combigan Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Combigan medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Combigan cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Combigan prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Combigan patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Combigan patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Combigan enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Combigan patient assistance program?
Applying for the Combigan patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Combigan, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Combigan assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Combigan patient assistance program, we will also automatically request your Combigan medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Combigan coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Combigan coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Combigan manufacturer coupons, Combigan discounts, rebates, Combigan savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Combigan medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Combigan if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Combigan patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Combigan
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Combigan prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Combigan with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Combigan with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Combigan cost without insurance?
Combigan prices without insurance will vary by retailer and by the amount you buy (it is available in 5 ml, 10 ml, and 15 ml sizes). As a guide, Combigan will typically cost around $230 for a 5 ml bottle.
What is Combigan?
Combigan is a prescription eye-drop medication. It is used to reduce a build-up of pressure inside the eye in adults and children aged 2 and over with ocular hypertension or glaucoma. The medication is dropped directly into your eye and it reduces how much aqueous humor (a transparent water-like fluid) is produced in your eyes, helping to lower pressure.
You typically drop Combigan into each affected eye twice daily, ideally 12 hours apart. The doctor who prescribes the medication to you will tell you how much to use and how often.
Combigan active ingredients
Combigan has two active ingredients, called brimonidine and timolol. They work together to reduce the pressure in your eye(s).
When you drop Combigan into your eye, the brimonidine and timolol it contains are absorbed through your cornea (the front of your eye). The active ingredients then attach to the surface of cells inside your eye at sites called receptors. This stimulates the cells inside your eye to produce less aqueous humor, lowering the pressure inside your eye.
Combigan side effects
The most common side effects caused by Combigan include:
- Eye irritation, including redness, itching, and stinging or burning sensations
- Inflammation of the eye and eyelids
In rarer instances, Combigan can cause more serious side effects, like:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Heart failure
- Difficulties breathing
- Worsening asthma
- Worsening chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Falls in blood pressure (hypotension)
- Stronger allergy symptoms in people with existing allergies
- Muscle weakness
- An increased risk of bacterial infections in the cornea (bacterial keratitis)
Combigan drug interactions
Combigan can interact with other medications, particularly:
- Any other medications or products you put into your eye
- Any other medications you take to treat high blood pressure (antihypertensive medications), like diuretics, alpha-blockers, beta-blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers, or calcium channel blockers
- Any antidepressant medications, particularly monoamine oxidase inhibitor antidepressants
- Any nitrate medications, usually taken to treat chest pain (angina)
- Digitalis, a type of medication used to stimulate the heart
- Any central nervous system depressant medications, like sedatives, tranquilizers, and hypnotics, usually taken to treat anxiety, other mood disorders, acute stress reactions, and sleep disorders
- Any antiviral medications taken to treat an HIV infection, including ritonavir
- Any other antiviral medications taken to treat another viral infection
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- A herbal supplement called St John’s-wort (Hypericum perforatum)
Combigan warning and precautions
Combigan should not be given to children under 2 years of age. Do not take Combigan if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient brimonidine and timolol
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Combigan
- Have any form of airway disease, like asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Have any heart problems, such as heart failure or heart rhythm conditions
Talk to your doctor before taking Combigan if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Combigan
- Have diabetes
- Have or have ever had any problems with your circulation
- Have or have ever had any problems with your thyroid gland
- Have or have ever had any problems with muscle weakness
- Have any allergies
- Are due to have surgery, including dental surgery
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.