Cometriq Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Cometriq medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Cometriq cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Cometriq prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Cometriq patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Cometriq patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Cometriq enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Cometriq patient assistance program?
Applying for the Cometriq patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Cometriq, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Cometriq assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Cometriq patient assistance program, we will also request your Cometriq medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Cometriq coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Cometriq coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Cometriq manufacturer coupons, Cometriq discounts, rebates, Cometriq savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Cometriq medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Cometriq cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Cometriq patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Cometriq
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Cometriq prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Cometriq cost without insurance?
Cometriq prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Cometriq oral capsules (100 mg daily dose) will typically cost around $18,600 for 56 capsules.
How much does Cometriq cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Cometriq with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Cometriq?
Cometriq is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured for Exelixis, Inc. Cometriq is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of patients with progressive, metastatic medullary thyroid cancer (MTC).
Cabozantinib does not cure advanced renal cell carcinoma (kidney cancer), hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer), or advanced or metastatic differentiated thyroid cancer. Instead, it helps to slow the progression of cancer, potentially enabling patients to live longer.
Gastrointestinal perforations occurred in 3% and fistula formation in 1% of treated patients. Discontinue treatment in patients with perforation or fistula. Severe, sometimes fatal, hemorrhage including hemoptysis and gastrointestinal hemorrhage occurred in 3% of treated patients. Do not administer to patients with severe hemorrhage.
What doses of Cometriq are available?
Cometriq is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 20 mg, 80 mg.
Take 140 mg orally once a day with a full glass of water. Take on an empty stomach, at least 2 hours before and at least 1 hour after food. Do not open a Cometriq capsule. Swallow the capsule whole. Take until you no longer experience clinical benefit or unacceptable toxicity occurs.
If you miss a dose take the medicine as soon as you can. Skip the missed dose if your next dose is due in less than 12 hours. Do not use two doses at one time.
Please read the patient information and always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Cometriq active ingredients
Cometriq contains cabozantinib, which belongs to a class of drugs called antineoplastics, tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
Cometriq side effects
The most common side effects of Cometriq in clinical trials include:
- Decreased appetite, weight loss
- Oral pain
- Hair color changes
- Abdominal pain, and constipation
- Muscles, bones, and joint pain
- Increased AST, increased ALT, lymphopenia, increased alkaline phosphatase, hypocalcemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, hypophosphatemia, and hyperbilirubinemia
In rare instances, Cometriq can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Thrombotic events – blood clots, stroke, heart attack, chest pain, sudden numbness or weakness on one side of your body, problems with vision or balance, trouble speaking, confusion, chest pain, trouble breathing, swelling or pain in an arm or leg
- Wound healing problems
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) – discontinue for hypertensive crisis
- Osteonecrosis of the jaw
- Palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia syndrome (PPES)
- Proteinuria – discontinue for nephrotic syndrome
- Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome (RPLS)
- Embryo-fetal toxicity
- Severe headache, blurred vision, pounding in your neck or ears
- Severe and ongoing vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation
- Easy bruising or bleeding (nosebleeds, bleeding gums, heavy menstrual bleeding, or any bleeding that will not stop)
- Bloody or tarry stools, cough with bloody mucus or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Fever, mouth sores, skin sores, sore throat, cough, trouble breathing
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Cometriq against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Cometriq to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Cometriq drug interactions
Cometriq can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong CYP3A4 inducers – phenytoin, carbamazepine, rifampin, rifabutin, rifapentine, phenobarbital, St. John’s Wort
- Strong CYP3A4 inhibitors – ketoconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin, atazanavir, indinavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, telithromycin, voriconazole
- MRP2 inhibitors – abacavir, adefovir, cidofovir, furosemide, lamivudine, nevirapine, ritonavir, probenecid, saquinavir, and tenofovir
- Grapefruit, grapefruit juice
- Nutritional supplements that are known to inhibit cytochrome P450
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Cometriq.
You should not use Cometriq if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient cabozantinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in cabozantinib capsules
- Have moderate or severe hepatic impairment
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – use effective birth control during treatment and for 4 months after the last dose
Talk to your doctor before using Cometriq if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Cometriq
- Have renal impairment
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Cometriq is the trademark brand name for cabozantinib manufactured for Exelixis, Inc. A generic version of cabozantinib is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Cometriq savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.