Cabometyx Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Cabometyx medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Cabometyx cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Cabometyx patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Cabometyx patient assistance?
We review each Cabometyx enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Cabometyx patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Cabometyx patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Cabometyx, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Cabometyx coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Cabometyx coupon, Cabometyx discount card, or Cabometyx copay card provider. We do not offer Cabometyx manufacturer coupons, Cabometyx discounts, rebates, Cabometyxsavings cards, trial offers, or free Cabometyx samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Cabometyx
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Cabometyx prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Cabometyx cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Cabometyx costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Cabometyx oral tablet 20 mg will cost around $24,300 for 30 tablets.
How much does Cabometyx cost with insurance?
The copay for Cabometyx will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Cabometyx?
Cabometyx is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Exelixis, Inc.
Cabometyx is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of:
- Patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) a type of kidney cancer, or as the first-line treatment of patients with advanced RCC in combination with nivolumab
- Patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), a type of liver cancer, who have been previously treated with sorafenib
- Progressive, metastatic medullary thyroid cancer (MTC)
- Adult and pediatric patients 12 years of age and older with locally advanced or metastatic differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC) that has progressed following prior VEGFR-targeted therapy and who are radioactive iodine-refractory or ineligible
What doses of Cabometyx are available?
Cabometyx is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 20 mg, 40 mg, and 60 mg.
The recommended dose is 60 mg orally, once daily. Administer at least 1 hour before or at least 2 hours after eating. Do not substitute Cabometyx tablets with cabozantinib capsules.
Please see the patient information and the full prescribing information and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Cabometyx active ingredients
The active ingredient of Cabometyx is cabozantinib which belongs to a class of drugs known as tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
Cabometyx side effects
The most common adverse reactions of Cabometyx in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Decreased appetite, abdominal pain, weight loss
- Nausea, vomiting
- Taste changes, hoarseness
- Lightening of hair color
- Musculoskeletal pain, muscle spasms
- Upper respiratory tract infection
In rare instances, Cabometyx can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Gastrointestinal perforations and fistulas
- Thrombotic events – heart attacks, strokes, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and chest pain from blood clots
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia (PPE)
- Osteonecrosis of the jaw
- Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome (RPLS)
- Impaired Wound Healing
- Temporary hair loss
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Cabometyx against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Cabometyx to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Cabometyx drug interactions
Cabometyx can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong CYP3A4 inhibitors, avoid grapefruit or grapefruit juice
- Strong CYP3A4 inducers, avoid St. John’s wort
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Cabometyx. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription or over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Cabometyx if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient cabozantinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Cabometyx
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – if you are able to become pregnant you should use effective birth control (contraception) during treatment and for 4 months after your last dose
Talk to your doctor before using Cabometyx if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Cabometyx
- Have hepatic impairment
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Cabometyx is the trademark brand name for cabozantinib manufactured by Exelixis, Inc. A generic version of cabozantinib is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Cabometyx savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.