Desoxyn Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Desoxyn medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Desoxyn cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Desoxyn prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Desoxyn patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Desoxyn patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Desoxyn enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Desoxyn patient assistance program?
Applying for the Desoxyn patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Desoxyn, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Desoxyn assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Desoxyn patient assistance program, we will also request your Desoxyn medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Desoxyn coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Desoxyn coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Desoxyn manufacturer coupons, Desoxyn discounts, rebates, Desoxyn savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Desoxyn medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Desoxyn if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Desoxyn patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Desoxyn
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Desoxyn prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Desoxyn cost without insurance?
Desoxyn prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Desoxyn oral tablets 5 mg will typically cost around $2,150 for 100 tablets.
How much does Desoxyn cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Desoxyn with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Desoxyn?
Desoxyn is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Ovation Pharmaceuticals. Inc. Desoxyn is a central nervous system stimulant medication. It affects the chemicals in your brain and the nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control. Desoxyn is used to treat ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). It is also indicated for the treatment of obesity in people who have been unable to lose weight through diets or other treatments. Desoxyn tablets are subject to control under DEA schedule II.
More information on what is Desoxyn
What doses of Desoxyn are available?
Desoxyn is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 5 mg.
Please read the full prescribing information and the medication guide for the full patient safety information. Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
More information on Desoxyn dosage
Desoxyn active ingredients
Desoxyn contains methamphetamine hydrochloride, chemically known as (S)-N,α-dimethylbenzeneethanamine hydrochloride as the active ingredient. It is a member of the amphetamine group of sympathomimetic amines.
Desoxyn side effects
The most common side effects of Desoxyn in clinical trials include:
- Dry mouth
- Headache or dizziness
- Tachycardia (fast heartbeats)
- Trouble sleeping
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Loss of appetite, weight loss
In rare instances, Desoxyn can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Stroke, heart attack, and sudden death in people with hypertension (high blood pressure), heart disease, or a heart defect
- Heart problems – chest pain, trouble breathing, feeling faint
- New or worsening psychosis especially if you have a history of depression, mental illness, or bipolar disorder
- Circulation problems that can cause numbness, pain, or discoloration in your fingers or toes
- Muscle spasms (tics)
- Changes in your vision
- Symptoms of serotonin syndrome – agitation, hallucinations, fever, sweating, shivering, fast heart rate, muscle stiffness, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Desoxyn against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Desoxyn to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Desoxyn drug interactions
Desoxyn can interact with other medications. These include:
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – ibuprofen, naproxen
- Increased risk of serotonin syndrome if you are also taking other drugs that increase serotonin, such as MDMA, “ecstasy,” St. John’s wort, certain antidepressants (including SSRIs such as fluoxetine and paroxetine, SNRIs such as duloxetine and venlafaxine)
- Insulin requirements in diabetes mellitus may be altered
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Phenothiazines antagonize the CNS stimulant action of amphetamines
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Desoxyn. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including over-the-counter medications, prescription drugs, vitamins, and dietary or herbal supplements.
You should not use Desoxyn if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient methamphetamine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Desoxyn
- Have glaucoma
- Have an overactive thyroid
- Have severe agitation
- Have high blood pressure, heart disease, or coronary artery disease
- Have a history of drug abuse
- Have used an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days
- Are younger than 6 years old
- Are an adolescent younger than 12 years old being treated for obesity
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Desoxyn if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Desoxyn
- Have cardiovascular problems or a congenital heart defect, high blood pressure, or a family history of heart disease or sudden death
- Have depression, mental illness, bipolar disorder, psychosis, or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Have Tourette’s syndrome
- Suffer from seizures or epilepsy
- Have an abnormal brain wave test (EEG)
- Have diabetes
- Have blood circulation problems in your hands or feet
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Desoxyn is the trademark brand name for methamphetamine manufactured by Ovation Pharmaceuticals. Inc. A generic version of methamphetamine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Desoxyn savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.