Dysport Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Dysport medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Dysport cost savings if eligible
With our assistance you could access the Dysport patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Dysport patient assistance?
We review each Dysport enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Dysport patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Dysport patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Dysport. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Dysport coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Dysport coupon, Dysport discount card or Dysport copay card provider. We do not offer Dysport manufacturer coupons, Dysport discounts, rebates, Dysport savings cards, trial offers or free Dysport samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Dysport patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Dysport if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Dysport if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Dysport
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Dysport prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Dysport medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Dysport with insurance?
The cost of Dysport with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or Pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Dysport cost without insurance?
Dysport prices without insurance will vary depending on the strength and the quantity of Dysport you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide Dysport will cost around $450 per injection.
What is Dysport?
Dysport is a prescription medicine given by injection. It is used to treat:
- Moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows and on the forehead (glabellar lines) in adults
- Cervical dystonia in adults
- Muscle spasm and stiffness of the arms, hands, legs and feet in adults and children aged 2 years and older
Dysport is a type of botulinum toxin, a protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Clostridium botulinum toxins can cause a disease called botulism, but they are also used in medical treatments. You may have heard of another type of botulinum toxin called Botox. Dysport is similar to Botox but is a different botulinum toxin.
Dysport is injected into muscles to smoothen their surface and to decrease muscle movement. It works by stopping the nerve cells in the muscle from receiving signals that tell it to contract, temporarily paralyzing the muscle. If you have one of the above needs or conditions your Doctor may prescribe Dysport to you. It is given as an injection by a Doctor or other qualified healthcare professional. Your Doctor will decide how much Dysport you need per injection and how often you will need Dysport injections.
Dysport active ingredients
The active ingredient in Dysport is called abobotulinumtoxinA. It is a form of toxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. When Dysport is injected into a muscle the abobotulinumtoxinA it contains attaches to the nerve cells in that muscle. This stops the nerve from receiving signals that tell the muscle to activate. The muscle is then paralyzed, causing it to relax and stop moving. This muscle paralysis is not permanent. Over time the abobotulinumtoxinA degrades and stops affecting the muscle it was injected into.
Dysport side effects
The most common side effects caused by Dysport include:
- Discomfort, pain and swelling at the site of injection
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- A dry mouth
- A stuffy nose
- A runny nose
- A cough
- An increase in upper respiratory tract infections (like nose, throat and sinus infections)
- Muscle pain
- Muscle weakness
- Problems swallowing
- Problems speaking
- Swelling and drooping of the eyelids
- Blood in your urine
In rare instances Dysport can cause more serious side effects, like:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Breathing difficulties
- Severe problems with speech
- Severe problems with swallowing that can lead to food and drink entering the lungs
- A loss of muscle strength all over your body
- Blurred vision, double vision and problems keeping your eyes open
- Loss of bladder control
Your Doctor will assess the benefits of taking Dysport against your risk of side effects.
Dysport drug interactions
Dysport can interact with other medications, particularly:
- Any other forms of botulinum neurotoxin, such as Botox, Myobloc or Xeomin.
- Any aminoglycoside antibiotics, such as gentamicin, tobramycin, amikacin or neomycin, used to treat a range of bacterial infections, including tuberculosis.
- Any anticholinergic medications, typically used to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, asthma, a range of bladder conditions and disordered muscle movements caused by Parkinson’s disease.
- Any other medications that affect your muscles, such as muscle relaxants.
Dysport warning and precautions
The abobotulinumtoxinA in Dysport can spread from the area of injection causing symptoms of botulism, including blurred and double vision, muscle weakness or severe difficulties with breathing or swallowing that can be life-threatening. If you experience serious side effects after using Dysport, seek urgent medical attention.
Do not take Dysport if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient abobotulinumtoxinA
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Dysport
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to another form of botulinum toxic, like Botox, Myobloc or Xeomin
- Are allergic to any cow milk proteins
- Have a skin infection at the proposed site of injection
Dysport should not be given to people younger than:
- 18 years of age for glabellar lines
- 18 years of age for cervical dystonia
- 2 years of age for lower limb spasticity
Talk to your Doctor before taking Dysport if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Dysport
- Have any conditions that affect your muscles or nerves
- Have diabetes
- Have any conditions that affect your breathing, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Have or have ever had any problems with swallowing
- Have or have ever had any bleeding problems
- A rhythm disorder of your heart
- Are due to have surgery
- Have ever had surgery on your face
- Have any weakness in your forehead muscles
- Have drooping eyelids
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are over 65 years of age
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.