Have you been prescribed Effient? Do you need assistance to pay for your prescription? We may be able to help. NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you enroll in patient assistance programs for prescription medications, including Effient. With our assistance, you could receive your Effient for a flat fee of $49 per month.*
We will handle the enrollment process on your behalf, offering a simple solution to get access to your essential medication.
Your monthly Effient cost savings if eligible
If eligible for Effient assistance, you could receive your prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month. You could save:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|5mg 30 tablets||$475.00||$49.00||$426.00|
|10mg 30 tablets||$475.00||$49.00||$426.00|
Am I eligible for the Effient patient assistance program?
We review each Effient assistance application individually. In most cases, the main factors considered for patient assistance programs include:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Effient patient assistance program?
Apply online with NiceRx for the Effient patient assistance program. Our online enrollment application is simple and easy. Let us know about all medications you’re taking including Effient. You will also need to provide some important information that is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that ship your medication. This includes details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
We will then be able to determine your potential eligibility for Effient assistance. We will handle the full enrollment process for you, and will request your Effient medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx an Effient coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Effient patient assistance program. NiceRx is not an Effient coupon, an Effient discount card, or an Effient copay card provider. If you’re looking for coupons for Effient or cheap Effient, please note that we don’t offer printable Effient manufacturer coupons, Effient discounts, rebates, Effient savings cards, trial offers, or free Effient samples. When obtaining your Effient medication through NiceRx, your total cost for the medication will always be $49 per month.
Can NiceRx help me get Effient if I have insurance?
You may be eligible for Effient assistance if you have insurance, but your insurance provider won’t pay for your Effient medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. You may even be eligible if you don’t have insurance or your Medicare plan doesn’t cover Effient. Apply online with NiceRx to find out more.
How much is Effient with insurance?
The cost of Effient will depend on your healthcare plan. Your pharmacist or insurance provider will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. If you’re approved for assistance, you’ll likely save more if you get your Effient medication through NiceRx.
How much does Effient cost without insurance?
Effient prices without insurance will vary depending on the amount and the dose you buy, and where you buy it from. As a guide, a pack of 30, 10 mg Effient tablets will cost around $575. With NiceRx you’ll always pay a flat monthly fee of $49.
What is Effient?
Effient is a prescription medicine that helps stop blood clots forming in your body. It’s prescribed to adults who have
- Had a heart attack or severe chest pain caused by their heart not getting enough oxygen
- And who have previously been treated with a procedure called an angioplasty, sometimes called a balloon angioplasty
After you’ve had an angioplasty, or if you’ve previously had a blood clot that’s affected your heart, you may be prescribed Effient. You swallow the medication as a tablet. It helps to prevent blood clots from forming, by stopping your blood platelets (the substance in your blood that causes clotting) from sticking together.
Effient active ingredients
The active ingredient in Effient is called prasugrel. It’s a platelet inhibitor drug that helps prevent blood clots by stopping your platelets clumping together. Prasugrel works by attaching itself to platelets in your blood. It binds to areas on the surface of the platelets called P2Y12 receptors. These receptors help your platelets stick together, but when prasugrel binds to the receptors, it stops them from working and prevents your platelets from clumping. Prasugrel stops your platelets clumping faster, more consistently, and to a greater extent than other similar medications that contain clopidogrel.
Effient side effects & Effient drug interactions
The most common Effient side effects include:
- An increased risk of bleeding
- Bleeding that takes a long time to stop, including nose bleeds, bleeding from your genitals, coughing up blood, and vomiting blood
- An increase in bruising
- Blurred vision
- A slow or fast heartbeat
- Pounding in your ears
Effient can cause more serious, but rarer, side effects, including:
- An increased risk of serious and fatal bleeding
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- A condition called thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) where blood clots can form in any of your blood vessels, causing organ damage that can be fatal
Your doctor will assess your risk of side effects against the benefits of taking Effient.
Effient can interact with other medications, including:
- Any other medications taken to prevent or treat blood clots
- Warfarin (in Coumadin and Jantoven)
- Any medications that contain heparin
- Any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like ibuprofen or naproxen
Effient warnings & precautions
Effient isn’t suitable for everyone. Don’t take Effient if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient prasugrel or any of the other ingredients in Effient (you can find these listed in the leaflet which comes with the medication)
- Currently have any abnormal bleeding, like stomach or intestinal bleeding, or bleeding from your head
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Effient if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Effient
- Are allergic to any medications, including clopidogrel (Plavix) or ticlopidine hydrochloride (Ticlid)
- Have ever had a stroke, liver problems, kidney problems, or have any bleeding problems
- Have a history of stomach ulcers, colon polyps, or diverticulosis
- Have recently had surgery or a severe injury
- Are planning to have surgery or a dental procedure
- Weigh less than 132 pounds
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are over 75 years of age
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.