Epaned Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Epaned medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Epaned cost savings if eligible
The Epaned patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Epaned, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Epaned patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Epaned assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Epaned patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Epaned patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Epaned.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Epaned assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Epaned patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Epaned.
Is NiceRx an Epaned coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Epaned patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Epaned samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Epaned coupons, discount cards, or Epaned copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Epaned if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Epaned medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Epaned cost without insurance?
Epaned prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Epaned oral liquid (1 mg/mL) typically costs $570 for 150 milliliters.
How much does Epaned cost with insurance?
The copay for Epaned will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Epaned with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Epaned?
Epaned is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured for Silvergate Pharmaceuticals, Inc. It is an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACE inhibitor) indicated for the:
- Treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure) in adults and children older than one month, to lower blood pressure. Lowering blood pressure reduces the risk of fatal and non-fatal cardiovascular events, primarily strokes and myocardial infarctions
- Treatment of symptomatic congestive heart failure
- Treatment of asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction, to decrease the rate of development of overt heart failure and reduce hospitalization for heart failure
Warning – Fetal toxicity. See the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning. When pregnancy is detected, discontinue treatment as soon as possible. Drugs that act directly on the renin-angiotensin system can cause injury and death to the developing fetus.
What doses of Epaned are available?
Epaned is available in powder for oral solution form, in the following doses: 150 mg of enalapril maleate in a 150 mL bottle. Reconstitution with 150 mL of Ora-sweet SF provided a 1 mg/mL Epaned oral solution.
- Hypertension – The recommended initial dose in adults is 5 mg once daily. The maximum dose is 40 mg daily. The recommended starting dose in pediatric patients is 0.08 mg/kg (up to 5 mg) once daily
- Heart Failure – Initiate at 2.5 mg twice daily. Titrate up to 20 mg twice daily as tolerated
- Asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction – Initiate at 2.5 mg twice daily. Titrate up to 10 mg twice daily
Please see the full prescribing information for additional information and drug information. Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Epaned active ingredients
Epaned contains enalapril maleate as the active ingredient.
Epaned side effects
The most common side effects of Epaned in clinical trials include:
- Hypotension and lightheadedness
In rare instances, Epaned can cause more serious adverse reactions. These can include:
- Anaphylactoid Reactions
- Impaired renal function
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Epaned against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Epaned to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Epaned drug interactions
Epaned can interact with other medications. These include:
- NSAIDs, (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) including selective COX-2 inhibitors, may result in deterioration of renal function, including renal failure in patients who are elderly, volume-depleted (as on diuretic therapy), or with compromised renal function. Monitor renal function periodically
- Inhibitors of the renin-angiotensin system
- Potassium supplements or salt substitutes
- Gold injections to treat arthritis
- Insulin or oral diabetes medicine
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Epaned.
You should not use Epaned if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient enalapril
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Epaned
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Have hereditary or idiopathic angioedema
Talk to your doctor before using Epaned if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Epaned
Epaned is the trademark brand name for enalapril manufactured for Silvergate Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of enalapril is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Epaned savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.