Erbitux Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Erbitux medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Erbitux cost savings if eligible
The Erbitux patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Erbitux, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Erbitux patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Erbitux assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Erbitux patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Erbitux patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Erbitux.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Erbitux assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Erbitux patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Erbitux.
Is NiceRx an Erbitux coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Erbitux patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Erbitux samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Erbitux coupons, discount cards, or Erbitux copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Erbitux if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Erbitux medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Erbitux with insurance?
The cost of Erbitux will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Erbitux with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Erbitux cost without insurance?
Erbitux prices without insurance will vary depending on much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Erbitux intravenous solution (2 mg/mL) typically costs $720 for 50 milliliters.
What is Erbitux?
Erbitux contains the prescription medicine cetuximab, used to prevent cancer from spreading in your body. Specifically, Erbitux is used for the treatment of:
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck ((SCCHN) cancer of the head and neck) – Erbitux is used in combination with radiation therapy, platinum-based therapy with fluorouracil, or on its own depending on how far the SCHNN has developed, whether another treatment has already been used, and if the cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
- K-Ras Wild-Type, EGFR-expressing Colorectal Cancer ((CRC) cancer of the colon) – in combination with irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as first-line treatment, or in combination with irinotecan for patients who do not to respond to irinotecan-based chemotherapy.
Erbitux active ingredients
EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor) is detected in many human cancers, including those of the head and neck, colon, and rectum. Cetuximab attaches to EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor) in the body, thereby blocking EGF (epidermal growth factor) from doing so. By doing this cetuximab prevents the cancer cell from growing and encourages its death.
In tests, cetuximab has been seen to stop EGFR producing tumor cells from growing and to have no effect where tumor cells did not produce EGFR. Using cetuximab with radiation therapy or irinotecan in human tumor tests showed an increase in anti-tumor effects compared to radiation therapy or chemotherapy alone.
Erbitux side effects
The most common side effects caused by Erbitux include:
- Itching or rash
- Changes in toenails and fingernails
- Dry, cracked, swollen skin
In rare instances, Erbitux can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Problems with vision, eye pain, redness, swollen or crusty eyelids, sensitivity to light
- Chest pain, difficulty breathing
- Skin rash, redness, puffiness to skin
- Crusting or redness around hair follicles
- Reduced heart rate, fainting, slower breathing
- Mouth ulcers, swollen gums, difficulty swallowing
- Thirsty, increased urination, muscle pain or weakness, leg cramps, numbness or tingling feeling
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Erbitux against your risk of side effects.
Erbitux drug interactions
Erbitux can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for wart growths on the skin – aminolevulinic acid
- Chemotherapy treatment – capecitabine, fluorouracil, carboplatin, cisplatin, thalidomide, omacetaxine
- Proton pump inhibitors for stomach acid – esomeprazole, lansoprazole, omeprazole, pantoprazole, rabeprazole
- Treatments for certain eye conditions – verteporfin
- Other treatments for cancer – idelalisib
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Erbitux.
Erbitux warning and precautions
You should not use Erbitux if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient cetuximab or to mouse protein
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Erbitux
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Erbitux if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Erbitux
- Have an irregular heartbeat
- Have any breathing disorders
- Have congestive heart failure
- Have coronary heart disease
- Have an electrolyte imbalance such as low levels of potassium or magnesium
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.