Fycompa Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Fycompa medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Fycompa cost savings if eligible
With our assistance you could access the Fycompa patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for the Fycompa patient assistance?
We review each Fycompa enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Fycompa patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Fycompa patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Fycompa. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Fycompa coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Fycompa coupon, Fycompa discount card or Fycompa copay card provider. We do not offer Fycompa manufacturer coupons, Fycompa discounts, rebates, Fycompa savings cards, trial offers or free Fycompa samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Fycompa patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Fycompa if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Fycompa if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Fycompa
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Fycompa prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Fycompa medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Fycompa with insurance?
The cost of Fycompa with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much is Fycompa without insurance?
Fycompa prices without insurance will vary depending on the strength and the quantity of Fycompa you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide Fycompa will cost around $1429 for 340 milliliters.
What is Fycompa?
Fycompa (perampanel) is an anticonvulsant used to treat seizures in adults and children. Fycompa may be used alone or with other medications. It is prescribed:
- For the treatment of partial-onset seizures with or without secondarily generalized seizures in patients with epilepsy, 4 years of age and older.
- As an adjunctive therapy for the treatment of primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures in patients with epilepsy, 12 years of age and older.
If you suffer from seizures your physician may have prescribed Fycompa to you. It is a medication you take as an oral tablet or suspension. Fycompa works by altering the electrical and chemical signals that pass through your brain cells, reducing the chances of you having a seizure. Your physician will decide how often and what dose of Fycompa you need based on your condition and medical history. Always take your Fycompa exactly as prescribed.
Fycompa active ingredients
The active ingredient in Fycompa is called perampanel. Perampanel is a type of medication called Anticonvulsants, AMPA Glutamate Antagonist. Exactly how Fycompa works in humans is unknown. However glutamate, the main excitatory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, is believed to be involved in neurological disorders due to over excitation of neurons.
Fycompa side effects
Get medical help immediately if you have any of the following side effects
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat
- Skin rash
- Swollen glands
- Muscle aches
- Severe weakness
- Unusual bruising
- Yellowing of your skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Mood or behavior changes
- Panic attacks
- Trouble sleeping
- Hyperactive (mental or physical)
- Thoughts about suicide
- Severe dizziness
- Spinning sensation
- Trouble walking
- Loss of balance or coordination
- Feeling very weak or tired
- An accidental fall
- Memory problems
More common side effects of Fycompa include
- Feeling anxious
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain and
- Loss of coordination
Check with your health care professional if any of the above side effects continue or if you have any concerns about them.
Fycompa drug interactions
Fycompa can interact with other medications. This can change how Fycompa and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely. These medications include:
- Birth control pills – Fycompa may make your birth control pills containing levonorgestrel less effective. Additional contraception is recommended.
- The starting dose of Fycompa should be increased if also taking carbamazepine, phenytoin, or oxcarbazepine as these can decrease Fycompa plasma levels by 50-67%. The patient should also be closely monitored.
- Alcohol and other Central Nervous System (CNS) depressants taken with Fycompa may increase CNS depression.
Using Fycompa with any of the following medicines is also not usually recommended, but may be required in some cases. If both medicines are prescribed together your doctor may change the dose or how often you use one or both of the medicines.
- Calcium Oxybate
- Eslicarbazepine Acetate
- Gabapentin Enacarbil
- Magnesium Oxybate
- Morphine Sulfate Liposome
- Potassium Oxybate
- Sodium Oxybate
- St John’s Wort
Fycompa warning and precautions
Serious or life threatening psychiatric and behavioral adverse reactions, including aggression, hostility, irritability, anger and homicidal ideation and threats have been reported in patients taking perampanel.
These reactions occurred in patients with or without any prior psychiatric history. Patients should be monitored for these reactions as well as for changes in mood, behavior or personality that is not typical for the patient, especially during the titration period and at higher doses.
Perampanel should be reduced if these symptoms occur and should be stopped immediately if the symptoms are severe or worsening.
The amount of this medicine that you take will depend on the strength of the medicine and the number of doses you need to take each day as well as your age and the condition being treated.
For generalized tonic-clonic seizures
- Adults and children over 12 years of age will initially take 2mg (milligrams) once a day at bedtime. Your doctor may increase the dose as needed and if tolerated. The dose does not normally exceed 12mg each day.
- Children under 12 years of age – The dose will be determined by your doctor
For partial-onset seizures
- Adults and children, 4 years and over – 2mg initially, once a day, at bedtime. The dose may be increased by your doctor if needed and tolerated. The dose does not normally exceed 12mg each day.
- Children under 4 years of age – The dose will be determined by your doctor.
Talk to your doctor before taking Fycompa if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Fycompa
- Have ever had behavior or mood changes, depression, or coordination problems
- Have any kidney problems
- Have any liver problems
- Dizziness as may make this worse
- Receiving hemodialysis – not recommended in patients with these conditions
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.