Hemabate Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Hemabate medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Hemabate cost savings if eligible
The Hemabate patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Hemabate, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Hemabate patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Hemabate assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Hemabate patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Hemabate patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Hemabate.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Hemabate assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Hemabate patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Hemabate.
Is NiceRx a Hemabate coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Hemabate patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Hemabate samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Hemabate coupons, discount cards, or Hemabate copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Hemabate if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Hemabate medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Hemabate with insurance?
The cost of Hemabate will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Hemabate with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Hemabate cost without insurance?
Hemabate prices without insurance will vary depending on the quantity you purchase. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Hemabate injectable solution (250 mcg/mL) typically costs $3,700 for 10 milliliters.
What is Hemabate?
Hemabate is an FDA-approved medication manufactured by Pfizer. It contains the prescription medicine carboprost tromethamine. Hemabate is a form of prostaglandin. These are hormone-like substances that are naturally present in the body.
Hemabate is used for the:
- Treatment of postpartum hemorrhage (severe bleeding after childbirth) due to uterine atony which has not responded to conventional methods
- To cause an abortion by stimulating uterine contractions. Hemabate is usually given between the 13th and 20th weeks of pregnancy but can be given at other times for medical reasons
Hemabate is often used when another method of abortion has not completely emptied the uterus, or when a complication of pregnancy would cause the baby to not survive early birth.
What doses of Hemabate are available?
Hemabate is available in the form of a sterile solution, in the following doses: 1 mL contains the equivalent of 250 mcg.
Hemabate is given by deep IM injection for:
- Abortion – 250mcg; subsequent doses of 250mcg should be given at 1.5 – 3.5 hour intervals depending on response. An optional test dose of 100mcg may be given initially. The dose may be increased to 500mcg if uterine contractility is judged to be inadequate after several doses of 250mcg. The max total dose is 12mg
- Refractory postpartum uterine bleeding – initially 250mcg once, additional doses may be given at intervals of 15–90 mins if necessary. Max total dose: 2mg (8 doses)
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Hemabate active ingredients
Hemabate sterile solution contains the tromethamine salt of the (15S)-15 methyl analog of naturally occurring prostaglandin F2α (pgF2α) in a solution suitable for intramuscular injection.
Carboprost tromethamine is given intramuscularly (directly into the muscle). It stimulates contractions in the uterus similar to labor contractions at the end of a full-term pregnancy. It is not known if carboprost itself directly causes the contractions but in most cases, the uterus is evacuated.
Carboprost tromethamine also stimulates smooth muscle of the gastrointestinal tract to contract. This may cause vomiting or diarrhea that is common when carboprost tromethamine is used to terminate a pregnancy and for use postpartum.
Hemabate side effects
The most common side effects and adverse reactions caused by Hemabate include:
- Mild menstrual-like cramps or pelvic pain
- Mild nausea
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Chills or mild fever
- Headaches, blurred vision
- Feeling flushed
- Cough or hiccups
In rare instances, Hemabate can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Severe pelvic pain, vaginal bleeding, or cramping
- Severe nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Temperature elevation (pyrexia)
- Difficulty breathing, chest pain
- Feeling light-headed or faint
- Endometritis (inflammation of the lining of the uterus)
A healthcare professional will assess the benefits of using Hemabate against your risk of side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or call a doctor for medical advice.
Hemabate drug interactions
Hemabate may interact with other prescription drugs known as oxytocic agents, which are also used for postpartum. Examples of these drugs are oxytocin, ergometrine maleate, or a combination of both. Using Hemabate with oxytocic agents is not recommended.
You should not use Hemabate if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient carboprost tromethamine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Hemabate
- Have acute pelvic inflammatory disease
- Have hypersensitivity (including anaphylaxis and angioedema)to Hemabate
- Have pulmonary disease (lung or breathing problems)
- Have any heart disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
Talk to your doctor before using Hemabate if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Hemabate
- Have problems with your blood pressure
- Have diabetes
- Have epilepsy or other types of seizures
- Have a history of kidney problems
- Have hepatic disease such as jaundice
- Have asthma – may cause bronchospasm and bronchoconstriction
- Have any scarring on your uterus
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – it is not known if carboprost is passed into breast milk
Hemabate is the trademark brand name for carboprost tromethamine manufactured by Pfizer Inc. A generic version of carboprost tromethamine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Hemabate savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.