Invega Sustenna Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Invega Sustenna medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Invega Sustenna cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Invega Sustenna patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Invega Sustenna prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Invega Sustenna patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Invega Sustenna patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Invega Sustenna patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Invega Sustenna patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Invega Sustenna. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Invega Sustenna assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Invega Sustenna patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Invega Sustenna medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx an Invega Sustenna coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Invega Sustenna coupon, Invega Sustenna discount card or Invega Sustenna copay card provider. We do not offer Invega Sustenna manufacturer coupons, Invega Sustenna discounts, rebates, Invega Sustenna savings cards, trial offers or free Invega Sustenna samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Invega Sustenna patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Invega Sustenna if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Invega Sustenna patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Invega Sustenna medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Invega Sustenna with insurance?
The cost of Invega Sustenna with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Invega Sustenna cost without insurance?
Invega Sustenna prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and the strength and quantity of Invega Sustenna you buy. As a guide, one dose of 156 mg/ml Invega Sustenna usually costs around $2,200. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Invega Sustenna?
Invega Sustenna is an atypical antipsychotic medicine prescribed to adults to treat schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder. When you take the medication, it can reduce the prevalence and severity of psychotic episodes and other symptoms.
Whereas many antipsychotic medications are taken as a daily pill, Invega Sustenna is given to you as an injection (by a healthcare professional), usually once a month. Invega Sustenna is released slowly into your system over the course of a month and may be more suitable for you than a daily oral medication if you struggle to take your medication consistently. Your healthcare provider will decide what dose of Invega Sustenna you will need based on your condition and medical history.
Invega Sustenna active ingredients
The active ingredient in Invega Sustenna is called paliperidone. It is a type of medication called an atypical antipsychotic that can reduce the symptoms of psychotic episodes caused by schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.
When Invega Sustenna is injected into you, the paliperidone it contains is absorbed into your blood and transported to your brain. It then binds with areas on the outside of your brain cells (neurons) called dopamine and serotonin receptors. Dopamine and serotonin are chemicals that influence and regulate your brain activity, including your experience of pleasure, your motivation and reward pathways, thinking, memory, and your moods.
By binding with your dopamine and serotonin receptors, paliperidone reduces the effect of dopamine and serotonin on your brain. This has been shown to ease the symptoms of schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder, and to help stop periods of psychosis and mood change from happening.
Invega Sustenna side effects
The most common side effects caused by Invega Sustenna include:
- Reactions at the site of injection, including itching, bruising, and pain
- Unusual muscle movements and tremors
- Uncontrolled involuntary movements
- Abnormal movements of your eyes
In rarer instances, Invega Sustenna can cause more serious side effects, like:
- An increased risk of death in elderly patients who have dementia-related psychosis (Invega Sustenna is not approved for the treatment of dementia-related psychosis)
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication can cause heart palpitations, sweating, fever, skin rashes, and hives, as well as swelling of the face, mouth, and throat that can make it difficult to breathe
- A rare but potentially fatal condition called neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) caused by an unusual response to antipsychotic medications
- Changes in your heart rhythm, including palpitations, skipped beats, and slowing down or speeding up of your heart rate, that can cause problems with your heart or make existing heart conditions worse, like heart failure
- Uncontrolled movements of your tongue, face, mouth, or jaw (tardive dyskinesia)
- High blood sugar (diabetes)
- Weight gain
- Low blood pressure that can cause fainting
- Problems thinking clearly
- Problems regulating your body temperature which can make you overheat and become dehydrated
- Difficulty swallowing that can cause food or liquid to get into your lungs
- A long-lasting erection (priapism) in men that can lead to permanent damage to the penis
Invega Sustenna drug interactions
Invega Sustenna can interact with other medications. These include:
- Any antidepressant medications
- Any nitrate medications, usually taken to treat chest pain (angina)
- Any medications you take to treat high blood pressure, like diuretics, alpha-blockers, beta-blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers, or calcium channel blockers
- Any antiviral medications taken to treat a HIV infection, including saquinavir
- Any antibiotics taken to treat a bacterial infection, including rifampicin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin
- Any antifungal medications taken to treat a fungal infection, including ketoconazole
- Any anticonvulsant medications taken to reduce the chances of you having seizures, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- St John’s-wort
Invega Sustenna warning and precautions
Invega Sustenna can cause side effects like drowsiness, and dizziness that can impair your ability to operate machinery, drive, or perform other dangerous tasks. Avoid these activities when being treated with Invega Sustenna until you are sure it does not affect your ability to do them safely.
Invega Sustenna is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Invega Sustenna if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient paliperidone
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Invega Sustenna
- Are over 65 and have dementia-related psychosis
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Invega Sustenna if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Invega Sustenna
- Have ever had any heart problems like heart disease, a heart attack, or an abnormal heart rhythm
- Have ever had neuroleptic malignant syndrome
- Have ever experienced abnormal movements of the face and tongue (tardive dyskinesia)
- Have ever had low levels of white blood cells
- Have ever had low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- Have kidney problems
- Have liver problems
- Are diabetic or are at risk of diabetes
- Have ever had priapism (a prolonged and painful erection)
- Have difficulty controlling your core body temperature, or are prone to overheating
- Have a high level of the hormone prolactin in your blood or have a prolactin-dependent tumor
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.