Korlym Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Korlym medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Korlym cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Korlym patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Korlym patient assistance?
We review each Korlym enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Korlym patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Korlym patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Korlym. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Korlym coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Korlym coupon, Korlym discount card, or Korlym copay card provider. We do not offer Korlym manufacturer coupons, Korlym discounts, rebates, Korlym savings cards, trial offers, or free Korlym samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Korlym patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Korlym if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Korlym if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Korlym
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Korlym prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Korlym medication
- You do not have insurance Please apply online to find out if we can help you
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Korlym with insurance?
The cost of Korlym with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Korlym cost without insurance?
Korlym prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Korlym oral tablets 300 mg will cost around $16,000 for a supply of 28 tablets.
What is Korlym?
Korlym contains the prescription medicine mifepristone. Mifepristone blocks progesterone and glucocorticoid receptors in the body. Korlym is used for the treatment of high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) in adults with Cushing’s syndrome who also have type 2 diabetes mellitus or glucose intolerance. Korlym is not recommended for the treatment of type 2 diabetes that is not related to Cushing’s syndrome.
If you are a woman who still has her uterus and you have unexplained vaginal bleeding, endometrial hyperplasia (thickening of the uterus lining), or a certain type of uterine cancer, you should not take Korlym. Also, you should not take Korlym if you are pregnant. It could cause harm to your baby or cause a miscarriage. Before you take this medicine, tell your doctor about any medical conditions you have or any other medication you are taking.
Korlym active ingredients
Mifepristone blocks specific receptors in the body. At low doses mifepristone will block progesterone receptors. At higher doses, it will block the glucocorticoid receptors. This effect blocks the action of cortisol which normally increases sugar levels in your blood.
Korlym tablets should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. You should follow all directions and read all medication guides or instructions given to you. Your doctor may change your dose if necessary. Korlym tablets should not be crushed, chewed, or broken. They should be taken as a whole tablet with food.
Korlym side effects
The most common side effects caused by Korlym include:
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite
- Low potassium
- Headaches, dizziness
- Pain or swelling in your arms and legs
- Thickening of the lining of your uterus
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
In rare instances, Korlym can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Feeling unusually weak or tired
- Feeling light-headed or faint
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Worsening of medical problems being treated with steroids
- Headaches, hunger, weakness, sweating, confusion, irritability, dizziness, increased heart rate, or feeling shaky
- Leg cramps
- Irregular heartbeats
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Korlym against your risk of side effects.
Korlym drug interactions
Korlym can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for irregular heartbeat – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Antiviral treatments – boceprevir, ritonavir, amprenavir
- Treatments for mood disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine, haloperidol
- SSRI’s (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) anti-depressants – citalopram, escitalopram
- Opioid pain killers – fentanyl, hydrocodone, oxycodone
- Corticosteroids – betamethasone, cortisone, dexamethasone, fludrocortisone, hydrocortisone, prednisolone
- Blood thinners – apixaban, rivaroxaban, heparin, warfarin
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Korlym.
Korlym warning and precautions
You should not use Korlym if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient mifepristone
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Korlym
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are younger than 18 years old
Talk to your doctor before using Korlym if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Korlym
- Are a woman, you still have your uterus and you have – changes in the cells lining of your uterus, cancer of the cells lining your uterus, or unusual or unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Have had low levels of potassium in your blood
- Have heart disease
- Have a bleeding or blood-clotting disorder
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have had an organ transplant
- Have a problem with your adrenal glands
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.