Is NiceRx a Lomaira coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Lomaira patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Lomaira manufacturer coupons, Lomaira discounts, or free Lomaira samples. We are not a Lomaira coupon provider or a Lomaira discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Lomaira patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Lomaira cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Lomaira cost without insurance?
Lomaira cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Lomaira tablets 8 mg usually cost $60 for 90 tablets. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Lomaira cost with insurance?
The copay for Lomaira with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Lomaira?
Lomaira is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by KVK-Tech, Inc. Lomaira stimulates your central nervous system increasing your heart rate and blood pressure and causing appetite suppression. It is used in combination with a reduced-calorie diet and exercise to treat obesity and help with weight loss.
Phentermine may be prescribed for short-term treatment in those who have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m2 or more. It may also be prescribed to people with a BMI of 27 kg/m2 or more with other associated risk factors, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or high cholesterol.
What doses of Lomaira are available?
Lomaira is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 8 mg.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Lomaira active ingredients
Lomaira contains phentermine hydrochloride (phentermine HCL) as the active ingredient. Lomaira is an appetite suppressant and is classed as a sympathomimetic amine.
Lomaira side effects
The most common side effects of phentermine in clinical trials include:
- Dizziness, headache
- Dry mouth, unpleasant taste
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Stomach pain
In rare instances, Lomaira can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Rare cases of primary pulmonary hypertension – difficulty breathing, chest pain, swelling in your legs, or a reduced ability to exercise normally
- Fast heartbeats
- Trouble sleeping, restlessness
- Changes in mood or behavior
- Increased blood pressure
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Lomaira against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Lomaira to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Lomaira drug interactions
Lomaira can interact with other medications. These include:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- Insulin and oral hypoglycemic drugs
- Adrenergic neuron blocking drugs
- Other stimulants including amphetamines
- Other drugs for weight loss
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Lomaira. Tell your health care provider about all of your medications including any over-the-counter medication, supplements, or herbal products you are taking.
You should not use Lomaira if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient phentermine
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Lomaira
- Have glaucoma
- Have an overactive thyroid
- Have extreme agitation
- Have a history of drug abuse
- Have a history of heart diseases such as coronary artery disease, uncontrolled high blood pressure, advanced coronary artery disease, heart rhythm problems, congestive heart failure, or stroke
- Have used a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAO inhibitor) in the past 14 days, such as isocarboxazid, linezolid, or methylene blue
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor about your medical condition before using Lomaira if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Lomaira
- Have a heart valve disorder
- Have diabetes
- Have kidney disease
- Have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Lomaira is the trademark brand name for phentermine manufactured by KVK-Tech, Inc. A generic version of phentermine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Lomaira savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.