Marinol Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Marinol medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Marinol cost savings if eligible
By accessing your medication through patient assistance programs with NiceRx, you could receive your Marinol prescription for a flat fee of just $49 per month. You could save considerably every month. You could save:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|2.5mg 30 capsules||$340.00||$49.00||$291.00|
|5mg 30 capsules||$700.00||$49.00||$651.00|
|10mg 30 capsules||$1,280.00||$49.00||$1,231.00|
Am I eligible for the Marinol patient assistance program?
Each patient assistance program requires specific eligibility criteria for applicants. If you meet the eligibility criteria for Marinol assistance, you could receive your Marinol without paying the full retail price. The main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Marinol patient assistance program?
Our application process is simple and stress-free. You can start by completing your enrollment application online. At this stage, you will need to let us know about all medications you’re taking, including Marinol. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
Having provided us with all of this information, we can determine if you are eligible for Marinol assistance. We’ll then handle the full application process for you, and we will also request your Marinol medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx a Marinol coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Marinol patient assistance program. We are not a Marinol coupon, a Marinol discount card, or a Marinol copay card provider. If you’re looking for coupons for Marinol or cheap Marinol, know that you can likely save more with NiceRx.
Your total cost for the medication will always be $49 per month which is most likely going to be a more cost-effective long-term option than printable Marinol manufacturer coupons, Marinol discounts, rebates, Marinol savings cards, trial offers, or free Marinol samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Marinol if I have insurance?
Apply online to understand your potential eligibility for the Marinol patient assistance program. Please note that you may still be eligible if:
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Marinol medication
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility
- You don’t have insurance
How much is Marinol with insurance?
Marinol prices with insurance are determined by the terms of your healthcare plan. Contact your insurance provider or pharmacist to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Marinol cost without insurance?
Marinol prices without insurance will vary depending on the dose you buy, and where you buy it from. As a guide, a pack of 60, 2.5 mg Marinol tablets can cost up to $800.
What is Marinol?
Marinol is a medicine prescribed to adults to treat:
- A loss of appetite (anorexia) that causes weight loss, in people with AIDS (not to be confused with the eating disorder anorexia nervosa)
- Severe nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy
A loss of appetite is a common problem in people who have HIV/AIDS (it’s called HIV/AIDS-induced anorexia). This can be caused by physical issues, which include infections in your mouth, diseases that affect digestion, and problems in your brain that reduce feelings of hunger. It can also be caused by psychological problems, like stress and depression.
Taking Marinol regularly can stimulate your appetite if you have HIV/AIDS-induced anorexia. Marinol can also be taken to reduce feelings of sickness (nausea) and being sick (vomiting) for people who receive chemotherapy when taken before and after the treatment.
The medication comes as a capsule that you swallow. How often you take it will depend on your condition and your medical history. This will be decided upon by the doctor who prescribes it to you.
Marinol active ingredients
The active ingredient in Marinol is called dronabinol. It’s a synthetic (man-made) form of a natural chemical found in cannabis (marijuana), called tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC for short. When you swallow a Marinol capsule, dronabinol is absorbed into your bloodstream and transported around your body. It passes through the blood-brain barrier into your brain, where it attaches to sites called cannabinoid receptors.
Dronabinol stimulates these receptors to release neurotransmitters. These are substances that affect areas of your brain that control pleasure, memory, thinking, pain perception, and various processes in your body. This can include stimulating your appetite and reducing feelings of nausea and vomiting.
Marinol side effects & Marinol drug interactions
As with any medication, Marinol can cause side effects. Not everyone will experience side effects when taking Marinol though, or experience the same ones as other people. The most common side effects caused by Marinol include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Vomiting (being sick)
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- Feelings of euphoria (extreme happiness)
- Feelings of paranoia (being overly suspicious or feeling people want to harm you)
- Abnormal thoughts
In rare instances, Marinol can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Worsening mental health (psychiatric) conditions – if you have depression, mania, schizophrenia, these conditions may get worse
- Problems thinking clearly, including problems remembering and concentrating, and sleepiness and confusion
- Increases or decreases in blood pressure – this can make other medical conditions worse, like heart disease
- An increased risk of seizures
- Worsening sickness (paradoxical nausea and vomiting)
You should also be aware that Marinol can interact with other medications. These include:
- Medications that contain amphetamines, dextroamphetamine, or methamphetamine, like Adderall, Desoxyn, and some other ADHD medications
- Anticoagulants (blood thinners), used to treat blood clots, like medications that contain warfarin
- Heart medications, including propranolol (Inderal) and digoxin (Lanoxicaps, Lanoxin)
- Any tranquilizers, sedatives, or sleeping pills
- Benzodiazepines, like diazepam (Valium)
- Any medications used to treat alcoholism, such as disulfiram (Antabuse) or naltrexone (Revia, Vivitrol)
When drug interactions occur, it can change how Marinol and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely. Certain side effects can also become more severe.
Marinol warnings & precautions
Don’t take Marinol if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dronabinol
- Are allergic to sesame oil (an inactive ingredient of Marinol)
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Marinol (you can find these listed in the leaflet which comes with the medication)
- Have a history of drug or alcohol abuse – you may have an increased risk of abusing Marinol
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your physician before taking Marinol if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Marinol (see the section above)
- Have or have had any heart problems
- Have or have had any problems with drug or alcohol abuse
- Have or have had any mental health problems, like depression, mania, or schizophrenia
- Have or have had a seizure, or have a medical condition that makes seizures more likely
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.