Nivestym Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Nivestym medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Nivestym cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Nivestym patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Nivestym prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Nivestym patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Nivestym patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Nivestym patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Nivestym patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Nivestym. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Nivestym assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Nivestym patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Nivestym medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Nivestym coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Nivestym patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Nivestym manufacturer coupons, Nivestym discounts, or free Nivestym samples. We are not a Nivestym coupon provider or Nivestym discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Nivestym cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Nivestym patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Nivestym medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Nivestym cost without insurance?
Nivestym cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Nivestym injectable solution (aafi 300 mcg/0.5 mL) usually costs $240 for 0.5 milliliters. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Nivestym cost with insurance?
The copay for Nivestym with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Nivestym?
Nivestym is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Pfizer Inc. It is a leukocyte (white blood cell) growth factor indicated to:
- Decrease the incidence of infection‚ as seen by febrile neutropenia‚ in patients with non-myeloid malignancies receiving myelosuppressive anti-cancer drugs associated with a significant incidence of severe neutropenia with fever
- Reduce the time to neutrophil recovery and duration of fever, following induction or consolidation chemotherapy treatment of patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- Reduce duration of neutropenia and neutropenia-related clinical sequelae‚ e.g.‚ febrile neutropenia, in patients with non-myeloid malignancies undergoing myeloablative chemotherapy followed by bone marrow transplantation (BMT)
- Mobilize hematopoietic progenitor cells into the peripheral blood for collection by leukapheresis
- Reduce incidence and duration of sequelae of severe neutropenia (e.g.‚ fever‚ infections‚ oropharyngeal ulcers) in symptomatic patients with congenital neutropenia‚ cyclic neutropenia‚ or idiopathic neutropenia
Nivestym (filgrastim-aafi) is biosimilar to Neupogen (filgrastim). This means that Nivestym is approved based on data showing it is highly similar to an FDA-approved biological product, known as a reference product, (in this case Neupogen) and that there are no clinically meaningful differences between the biosimilar product and the reference product. Biosimilarity of Nivestym has been shown for the condition of use.
What doses of Nivestym are available?
Nivestym is available in injection form, in the following doses: 300 mcg/mL in a single-dose vial, 480 mcg/1.6 mL in a single-dose vial, 300 mcg/0.5 mL in a single-dose prefilled syringe, 480 mcg/0.8 mL in a single-dose prefilled syringe.
The recommended starting dose for:
- Patients receiving myelosuppressive chemotherapy or induction and/or consolidation chemotherapy for AML is 5 mcg/kg/day by subcutaneous injection, short intravenous infusion (15 to 30 minutes), or continuous intravenous infusion
- Patients with cancer undergoing bone marrow transplantation – 10 mcg/kg/day given as an intravenous infusion no longer than 24 hours
- Patients undergoing peripheral blood progenitor cell collection and therapy – 10 mcg/kg/day subcutaneous injection. Administer for at least 4 days before the first leukapheresis procedure and continue until the last leukapheresis
- Patients with congenital neutropenia the recommended starting dose is 6 mcg/kg subcutaneous injection twice daily
- Patients with cyclic or idiopathic neutropenia the recommended starting dose is 5 mcg/kg subcutaneous injection daily
Please read the full prescribing information and product labeling for patient information, the recommended dosage adjustments, and instructions for use.
Always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Nivestym active ingredients
The active ingredient in Nivestym is filgrastim-aafi.
Nivestym side effects
The most common side effects of Nivestym in clinical trials (≥ 5% difference in incidence compared to placebo) include:
- Pyrexia, pain, rash
- Cough and trouble breathing
- Bone pain
- For severe chronic neutropenia, side effects include pain, anemia, nosebleeds, diarrhea, hypoesthesia and alopecia
In rare instances, Nivestym can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Capillary leak syndrome – fluid leaking from blood vessels into your body’s tissues
- Fatal splenic rupture – monitor left upper abdominal or shoulder pain for an enlarged spleen or splenic rupture
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- Serious allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis
- Fatal sickle cell crises
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Nivestym against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Nivestym to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Nivestym drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Nivestym, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medication including any supplements you are taking.
You should not use Nivestym if you:
- Have a history of serious allergic reactions to human granulocyte colony-stimulating factors (G-CSF) such as filgrastim products or pegfilgrastim products
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Nivestym
Talk to your doctor before using Nivestym if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Nivestym
- Have sickle cell disorder
- Have kidney disease
- Have a latex allergy
- Are receiving radiation treatment
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Nivestym is the trademark brand name for filgrastim-aafi manufactured by Pfizer Inc. A generic version of filgrastim-aafi is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Nivestym savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.