Zarxio Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Zarxio medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Zarxio cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Zarxio patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Zarxio prescription for just $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Zarxio patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Zarxio patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Zarxio patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Zarxio patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Zarxio. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Zarxio assistance we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Zarxio patient assistance program and we will automatically request your Zarxio medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Zarxio coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Zarxio patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Zarxio manufacturer coupons, Zarxio discounts or free Zarxio samples. We are not a Zarxio coupon provider or Zarxio discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Zarxio if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Zarxio patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Zarxio medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Zarxio with insurance?
The cost of Zarxio with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much is Zarxio without insurance?
Zarxio prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it, typically 0.5 milliliters of Zarxio injectable solution 300mcg/0.5ml will cost $296. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Zarxio?
Zarxio is indicated for the treatment of neutropenia associated with chemotherapy as well as chronic neutropenia and its related complications (fever, infections, oropharyngeal ulcers).
Zarxio active ingredients
Zarxio (filgrastim-sndz) is a man-made granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) manufactured using recombinant DNA technology. G-CSF is a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps produce neutrophils, a type of white blood cell. Neutrophils are the first line of defense against infection as well as helping to control the immune system’s response to severe injury and trauma. Colony-stimulating factors also affect neutrophil progenitor growth, its rate of growth, and function.
Zarxio side effects
The most common side effects caused by Zarxio include:
- Loss of appetite or weight loss
- Thinning of the hair
- Bone, joint, or muscle pain
Occasionally Zarxio can cause more serious side effects, these may include:
- Coughing up blood
- Nose bleeds
- Skin rash
- Sore throat
- Reaction at the injection site
This list is not exhaustive, always check with your doctor or healthcare professional if you have any concerns. Your doctor will assess the benefits of taking Zarxio against your risk of side effects.
Zarxio drug interactions
Zarxio can interact with other medications. When this occurs it can change how Zarxio and the other medications work. Some side effects might also be more likely. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, particularly:
- Cladribine an immunosuppressant
- Abemaciclib, palbociclib, ribociclib
- Acalabrutinib, ibrutinib, venetoclax, obinutuzumab, zanubrutinib, idelalisib
- Bleomycin, doxorubicin, etoposide, vinblastine, cisplastin, busulfan
Zarxio warning and precautions
- Zarxio can cause rupture or enlargement of the spleen. Symptoms include upper left abdominal pain or left shoulder pain. You are advised to report pain in these areas immediately
- Dyspnea (shortness of breath), with or without fever, progressing to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome may occur. You are advised to report dyspnea immediately
- Zarxio can cause allergic reactions, which may be signaled by rash‚ facial edema‚ wheezing, dyspnea‚ hypotension‚ or tachycardia. Seek immediate medical attention if these symptoms occur. Zarxio is not recommended for patients with serious allergic reactions to filgrastim or pegfilgrastim products
- Glomerulonephritis (kidney injury) may occur. Symptoms include swelling of the face or ankles, dark-colored urine or blood in the urine or a decrease in urine production. Report signs or symptoms of glomerulonephritis to your physician immediately
- Cutaneous vasculitis may occur, which may be signaled by purple-colored spots or erythema (redness of the skin) Report signs or symptoms of vasculitis to your physician immediately
- Zarxio should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the baby
- With sickle cell disease, sickle cell crisis and death can occur. Discuss potential risks and benefits with your doctor prior to use
- Caution is advised if you are breastfeeding as it is not known if Zarxio is passed in the milk
- Thrombocytopenia has been reported in patients receiving filgrastim products. Monitor platelet counts
Zarxio is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Zarxio if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients filgrastim or pegfilgrastim
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Zarxio
Talk to your doctor before taking Zarxio if you have or:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Zarxio
- Have kidney problems
- Have sickle cell disease
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.