Nuedexta Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Nuedexta medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Nuedexta cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Nuedexta prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Nuedexta patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Nuedexta patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Nuedexta enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Nuedexta patient assistance program?
Applying for the Nuedexta patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Nuedexta, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Nuedexta assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Nuedexta patient assistance program, we will also request your Nuedexta medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Nuedexta coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Nuedexta coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Nuedexta manufacturer coupons, Nuedexta discounts, rebates, Nuedexta savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Nuedexta medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Nuedexta if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Nuedexta patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Nuedexta
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Nuedexta prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Nuedexta with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Nuedexta with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Nuedexta cost without insurance?
Nuedexta prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Nuedexta will typically cost around $1,550 for 60, 20 mg/10 mg Nuedexta oral capsules.
What is Nuedexta?
Nuedexta is a prescription medication given to adults to treat a condition called pseudobulbar affect.
Pseudobulbar affect (PBA) is a disorder where you have sudden episodes of inappropriate and uncontrollable laughing and/or crying. If you have PBA, you may experience emotions normally, but have periods where your reactions to your emotions are exaggerated or your reactions feel disconnected from your emotions.
Although PBA can be debilitating and feel uncontrollable at times, it can be treated with medications like Nuedexta. Nuedexta reduces the intensity of crying and laughing episodes, making them less likely, shorter, and less severe. You take Nuedexta as a capsule you swallow daily. Your doctor will tell you precisely how many capsules to take, how often, and for how long.
Nuedexta active ingredients
Nuedexta contains two active ingredients: dextromethorphan hydrobromide and quinidine sulfate. They work together to alter activity in your brain and nerves to reduce the intensity of crying and laughing episodes.
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide is a sedative that affects your brain. Once it passes through the blood-brain barrier, it binds to areas on your brain cells called receptors. This slows and calms certain areas of brain function that are involved in emotion and the process of how you react to external stimuli.
Quinidine aids in the action of dextromethorphan by stopping it from being broken down in the body. This allows dextromethorphan to have more time to take effect.
Nuedexta side effects
The most common side effects caused by Nuedexta include:
- A cough
- Gas (flatulence)
- Tiredness/lack of energy
- Flu-like symptoms
- An increased risk of urinary tract infections
- Swelling in the hands and feet
Occasionally, Nuedexta can cause more serious side effects. While these are rarer, they can include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- A heart rhythm problem called QT prolongation
- Other serious heart problems
- Liver problems
- An increased risk of serotonin syndrome if you take Nuedexta with a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRIs) antidepressant or tricyclic antidepressant
Nuedexta drug interactions
Nuedexta can interact with other medications. When this happens, it can change how Nuedexta and the other medications work. It can also make some side effects more likely. Tell your prescribing doctor about all drugs you are taking, including vitamins, herbal and dietary supplements, particularly:
- Any antidepressant medications
- Any other medications that alter your serotonin levels such as sertraline
- Digoxin a medication used to treat various heart conditions including atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, and heart failure
- Quinidine, Quinine, chloroquine, or mefloquine used to treat or prevent malaria
- Anti-viral medication such as nelfinavir, saquinavir, and telaprevir
- Antibiotics such as telithromycin, ofloxacin, and ciprofloxacin
- MAO (mono-amine oxidase) inhibitors, such as isocarboxazid, linezolid, phenelzine, rasagiline, or selegiline
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs can interact with Nuedexta.
Nuedexta warning and precautions
Nuedexta is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Nuedexta if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients dextromethorphan hydrobromide and quinidine sulfate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Nuedexta
- Are taking quinidine, quinine, or mefloquine, or have previously taken these medicines and had either, bruising, bleeding, hepatitis, an allergic reaction or symptoms of lupus (fever, skin rash on your cheeks, or joint pain)
- Have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days
- Have heart failure, a life-threatening heart rhythm disorder, or a family history of long QT syndrome
- Have a heart condition called complete atrioventricular (AV) block and don’t have an implanted pacemaker
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Nuedexta if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Nuedexta
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.