Are you concerned about how you’ll pay for your Ofev medication which you have been prescribed to treat your lung disease? At NiceRx we may be able to help by enrolling you in the Ofev patient assistance program. With our assistance, you may be able to get your Ofev for a flat fee of $49 a month.*
By working alongside your healthcare provider, we help you enroll in patient assistance programs for prescription medications. We will handle the full enrollment process for you. With our help, you can get affordable and ongoing access to the medications you need.
Your monthly Ofev cost savings if eligible
With our help, you could get your Ofev prescription for a flat fee of just $49 per month, saving you:
||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|100mg 60 capsules||$10,335.00||$49||$10,286.00|
|150mg 60 capsules||$10,750.00||$49||$10,701.00|
Am I eligible for the Ofev patient assistance program?
To be successfully enrolled in the Ofev patient assistance program, you must meet the eligibility criteria for Ofev assistance. Although the criteria will vary between programs, the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Ofev patient assistance program?
We do everything we can to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Ofev patient assistance program. All you need to do is fill in our online enrollment application. Begin by telling us about any medications you’re taking, including Ofev. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
Applicants that are eligible for Ofev assistance will have the full enrollment process handled on their behalf by NiceRx. When you’re enrolled in the Ofev patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Ofev medication refills on your behalf for up to 12 months.
Is NiceRx an Ofev coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Ofev coupon, an Ofev discount card, or an Ofev copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Ofev manufacturer coupons, Ofev discounts, rebates, Ofev savings cards, trial offers, or free Ofev samples. NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Ofev patient assistance program.
If you’re looking for coupons for Ofev or cheap Ofev, you will likely save more with NiceRx. When obtaining your Ofev medication through the patient assistance program, the only cost you will be required to pay is $49 per month.
Can NiceRx help me get Ofev if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Ofev
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Ofev prescription
- You don’t have insurance
Fill out your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Ofev with insurance?
If you have insurance, the cost of Ofev will depend on your healthcare plan. Get in touch with either your insurance provider or pharmacist to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Ofev cost without insurance?
Ofev prices without insurance are high. A pack of 60 Ofev tablets, at either 100 mg or 150 mg, will cost around $12,500.
What is Ofev?
Ofev is a medication prescribed to adults to treat:
- A lung disease called idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)
- A lung disease called systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD)
- Long-lasting interstitial lung diseases in which lung fibrosis continues to get worse
These lung conditions can’t be permanently cured but can be managed with medications like Ofev. You take Ofev as a capsule you swallow. It helps to maintain your lung function, slow your decline in lung function, and reduces the risk of the complications of your disease. Ofev can help you live with your condition and improve your quality of life.
Ofev active ingredients
The active ingredient in Ofev is called nintedanib. It’s a type of drug called a tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Nintedanib works by blocking the action of a group of enzymes in your cells called tyrosine kinases. These enzymes start and stop various processes inside your body. When used for lung conditions, blocking tyrosine kinases slows down how much collagen your fibroblast cells produce and blocks the production of other substances that promotes collagen formation.
Ofev side effects & Ofev drug interactions
As with all medications, Ofev can have side effects, with the most common including:
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Being sick (vomiting)
- Stomach pain
- A decreased appetite
- Weight loss
- High blood pressure
In rare instances, Ofev can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Heart attacks
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Liver problems that can reduce your liver function
- An increased risk of serious bleeding problems
- Tears (perforations) in your stomach or intestines
- Serious diarrhea and vomiting
Ofev can interact with the following medications:
- Any other medications taken to treat your lung condition
- Any medications taken to treat fungal infections, such as ketoconazole
- Any antibiotics taken to treat bacterial infections, such as erythromycin or rifampicin
- Any medications that affect how your immune system works, including cyclosporine
- Any medications taken to treat seizures, including carbamazepine or phenytoin
- An herbal supplement called St John’s Wort
Ofev warnings & precautions
Ofev can cause birth defects and the death of your unborn baby. If you’re a woman who can become pregnant, you should have a pregnancy test before taking Ofev. You should use effective birth control whilst taking Ofev, and for up to three months after your last dose. If you become pregnant whilst taking Ofev, or think you’re pregnant, contact your doctor right away.
Don’t take Ofev if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient nintedanib
- Are allergic to peanuts or soya
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Ofev
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Ofev if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Ofev
- Have any heart problems
- Have any liver problems
- Have a history of blood clots
- Have recently had abdominal surgery
- Have a history of bleeding problems of have close family members with bleeding problems
- Are a smoker
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a Refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 866-407-0777, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.