Olumiant Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Olumiant medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Olumiant cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Olumiant patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Olumiant through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Olumiant patient assistance program?
You could receive your Olumiant without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Olumiant patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Olumiant.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Olumiant patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Olumiant medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx an Olumiant coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Olumiant patient assistance program. This means that we are not an Olumiant coupon, an Olumiant discount card, or an Olumiant copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers, or free Olumiant samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Olumiant if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Olumiant medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Olumiant with insurance?
The cost of Olumiant will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Olumiant cost without insurance?
Olumiant costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Olumiant 1 mg tablets will typically cost around $1,500 for 30 tablets. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Olumiant?
Olumiant contains the prescription medicine baricitinib. It is classed as a JAK (Janus kinase) inhibitor, meaning it blocks the action of these specific enzymes in the body. Olumiant is used to reduce the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, such as pain, stiffness, and joint swelling. It also helps to reduce joint and bone damage from getting worse. Olumiant is used where other medication has been tried and failed or you can not tolerate the side effects of the other medication.
Using olumiant in combination with other JAK inhibitors, biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs), or with immunosuppressants such as azathioprine and cyclosporine is not advised.
Olumiant active ingredients
Baricitinib blocks the action of Janus kinase (JAK). JAKs are enzymes in cells that help to transmit signals that influence the formation of the components of blood cells and their function as immune cells. The signals originate on the cell membrane surface due to interactions between cytokine and growth-factor receptors. Within this signaling system, JAKs normally chemically activate STATs (signal transducers and activators of transcription), which control the activity of the cells. Baricitinib prevents JAKs from activating the STATs. The actual importance of this blocking of the JAK enzyme’s action in relation to baricitinib’s medicinal action is not fully understood.
Baricitinib affects your immune system and you may be more prone to getting infections. Your doctor may want to check you do not have any infections such as tuberculosis before starting your treatment.
Olumiant side effects
The most common side effects caused by Olumiant include:
- Symptoms of a cold – stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, cold sores
In rare instances, Olumiant can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Fevers, chills, sweating
- Muscle pains, feeling tired
- Skin sores
- Diarrhea, stomach pain, weight loss
- Increased urination, or pain or burning when urinating
- Shortness of breath, coughing up pink or red mucus
- Symptoms of a blood clot in lungs – chest pain, coughing up blood, wheezing
- Symptoms of a blood clot in your leg – swelling or redness in arm or leg
- Sign of tear in stomach or intestines – change in bowel habits, ongoing stomach pain
- Shingles – skin rash or blisters, pain, tingling, numbness
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Olumiant against your risk of side effects.
Olumiant drug interactions
Olumiant can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment of auto-immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis – abatacept, belatacept, etanercept
- Corticosteroids – betamethasone, cortisone, fludrocortisone, prednisolone
- Treatment for mood disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine
- Immunosuppressants – cyclosporine, voclosporin
- Treatment for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- Vaccines – BCG, measles, mumps, influenza, smallpox, typhoid, yellow fever, zoster
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Treatments for cancer – nilotinib, ribociclib
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Olumiant.
Olumiant warning and precautions
You should not use Olumiant if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient baricitinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Olumiant
- Have any kind of infection
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Olumiant if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Olumiant
- Have or have had a chronic infection
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Have hepatitis B or C
- Have any stomach or intestinal problems such as diverticulitis or an ulcer
- Have a tear or hole in your stomach or intestines
- Have a blood clot
- Have cancer
- Have low white or red blood cell counts
- Are scheduled to receive any vaccine
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.