Xeljanz Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Xeljanz medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Xeljanz cost savings if eligible
If we determine that you may be eligible for the Xeljanz patient assistance program, you could receive your prescription for just $49 per month. This flat fee could save you the following each month:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|5mg 60 tablets||$4,690.00||$49.00||$4,641.00|
|10mg 60 tablets||$4,800.00||$49.00||$4,751.00|
Am I eligible for the Xeljanz patient assistance program?
To be eligible for the Xeljanz patient assistance program you will need to meet the eligibility criteria. At NiceRx, we review every application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Xeljanz patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Xeljanz patient assistance program, through our simple and straightforward process. Start by completing your enrollment application with us online. You will need to tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Xeljanz. You must also provide other information that’s needed by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication. This includes details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
Once we determine if you may be eligible for Xeljanz assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you. We will even request your Xeljanz medication refills on your behalf for up to one year, once you are in the program.
Is NiceRx a Xeljanz coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Xeljanz patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Xeljanz coupon, a Xeljanz discount card, or a Xeljanz copay card provider.
Please note that if you are looking for coupons for Xeljanz or cheap Xeljanz, you will likely save more with NiceRx. This is compared to printable Xeljanz manufacturer coupons, Xeljanz discounts, rebates, Xeljanz savings cards, trial offers, or free Xeljanz samples. With NiceRx, you will never pay more than $49 per month.
Can NiceRx help me get Xeljanz if I have insurance?
Apply online to understand your potential eligibility for the Xeljanz patient assistance program. At NiceRx, we review each application on its own merits, meaning we may be able to assist you in a variety of circumstances including if your insurance company won’t pay for your Xeljanz medication. We may even be able to assist if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility, or if you don’t have insurance. Apply online to find out more.
How much is Xeljanz with insurance?
Xeljanz prices with insurance vary by healthcare plan. Your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact either to find out what you may need to pay.
How much does Xeljanz cost without insurance?
Xeljanz prices without insurance will vary depending on the amount you buy and your chosen retailer. A pack of 60, 5 mg, or 10 mg Xeljanz tablets will cost around $5,500. Please note that this price is just a guide.
What is Xeljanz?
Xeljanz is a prescription medication given to adults to treat the following inflammatory autoimmune diseases:
- Moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis in adults who have previously not responded well to a medication called methotrexate
- Moderate to severe psoriatic arthritis in adults who have previously not responded well to a medication called methotrexate or to other disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs
- Moderate to severe ulcerative colitis in adults who have previously not responded well to TNF blocker medications
Rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and ulcerative colitis are inflammatory autoimmune diseases. They’re caused by your immune system mistakenly attacking healthy parts of your body, causing inflammation. These diseases are chronic conditions, meaning they’re long-lasting. You may have periods where your symptoms are mild or even disappear (remission), and then periods where your symptoms get worse (flares or flare-ups).
Xeljanz reduces the amount of inflammation your immune system causes, giving you relief from your symptoms. You can take Xeljanz by itself, or with some other medications for your condition.
Xeljanz active ingredients
The active ingredient in Xeljanz is called tofacitinib. It reduces the amount of inflammation in your body. Tofacitinib works by blocking the action of two enzymes in your body called janus kinase 1 (JAK1) and janus kinase 3 (JAK 3). These two enzymes are used by your immune system to trigger inflammation. By blocking these enzymes, tofacitinib reduces how much inflammation your immune system can cause.
Xeljanz side effects & Xeljanz drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Xeljanz include:
- Common cold symptoms, like a sore throat, a runny nose, and nasal congestion
- An increase in upper respiratory tract infections (common cold and sinus infections)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Shingles (herpes zoster infection)
- Increased cholesterol levels
Occasionally, Xeljanz can cause more serious side effects, although this is rare. They include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- An increased risk of serious infections
- An increased risk of developing certain cancers, including lymphoma and other skin cancers
- An increased risk of blood clots in your veins and arteries (deep vein thrombosis) and in your lungs (pulmonary embolism)
- A risk of death in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who are over 50 and who have at least one heart disease risk factor
- Tears (perforations) forming in your stomach or intestines.
- Reactivating hepatitis B or C infections if you’re a carrier of the virus
- Changes in certain laboratory test results, including changes in lymphocyte and neutrophil white blood cells counts, lower red blood cell counts, and increased muscle enzyme counts
The medication can also interact with the following:
- Any other medications you’re taking for your condition, including tocilizumab (Actemra), etanercept (Enbrel), adalimumab (Humira), infliximab (Remicade), rituximab (Rituxan), abatacept (Orencia), anakinra (Kineret), certolizumab (Cimzia), golimumab (Simponi), ustekinumab (Stelara), secukinumab (Cosentyx), vedolizumab (Entyvio), azathioprine, or cyclosporine
- Any other medications that can affect your immune system, like TNF inhibitors, azathioprine, mercaptopurine, cyclosporine, or tacrolimus
- Any medications that affect the way your liver enzymes work
- Any antibiotics
- Any corticosteroids
- Any treatments for fungal infections, particularly fluconazole or ketoconazole
Xeljanz warnings & precautions
Don’t take Xeljanz if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient tofacitinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Xeljanz
- Have a severe infection, like as bloodstream infection or active tuberculosis
- Have severe liver problems
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Xeljanz if you:
- Have a current infection
- Have any liver problems
- Have any kidney problems
- Have ever had a blood clot
- Have any stomach pain or diagnosed stomach conditions, like diverticulitis or ulcers in your stomach or intestines
- Have recently had a vaccine or are about to have one
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are over 65 years of age
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.