Your monthly Pertzye cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Pertzye prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Pertzye patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Pertzye patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Pertzye enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Pertzye patient assistance program?
Applying for the Pertzye patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Pertzye, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Pertzye assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Pertzye patient assistance program, we will also request your Pertzye medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Pertzye coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Pertzye coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Pertzye manufacturer coupons, Pertzye discounts, rebates, Pertzye savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Pertzye medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Pertzye cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Pertzye patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Pertzye
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Pertzye prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Pertzye cost without insurance?
Pertzye prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Pertzye oral delayed-release capsule (8000 units-28,750 units-30,250 units) will typically cost around $275 for 100 capsules.
How much does Pertzye cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Pertzye with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Pertzye?
Pertzye is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Digestive Care, Inc. Pertzye is a combination of the digestive enzymes, lipases, proteases, and amylases derived from pig pancreas. It is indicated for the treatment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency due to cystic fibrosis or other conditions
What doses of Pertzye are available?
Pertzye is available in delayed-release capsule form, in the following doses:
- 4,000 USP units of lipase; 14,375 USP units of protease; 15,125 USP units of amylase
- 8,000 USP units of lipase; 28,750 USP units of protease; 30,250 USP units of amylase
- 16,000 USP units of lipase; 57,500 USP units of protease; 60,500 USP units of amylase
You should not switch Pertzye with any other pancreatic enzyme product without first consulting your doctor. Take Pertzye with a meal or snack and plenty of fluid. If you eat a lot of meals or snacks in a day, be careful not to go over your total daily dose.
Swallow the capsules whole. Do not crush or chew the Pertzye capsules or their contents. Crushing, chewing, or holding the Pertzye capsules in your mouth may cause irritation in your mouth or change the way Pertzye works in your body.
If you have difficulty swallowing capsules, open the capsules and mix the contents with a small amount of acidic food such as applesauce. Swallow it right after you mix it and drink plenty of water or juice to make sure the medicine is swallowed completely. Store Pertzye capsules at room temperature 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
Please read the prescribing information and medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Pertzye active ingredients
Pertzye contains pancrelipase (pancreatic enzymes) buffered with bicarbonate.
Pertzye side effects
The most common side effects of Pertzye in clinical trials include:
- Upset stomach
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea, or vomiting
In rare instances, Pertzye can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Fibrosing colonopathy – exercise caution when doses of Pertzye exceed 2,500 lipase units/kg of body weight per meal (or greater than 10,000 lipase units/kg of body weight per day)
- Hyperuricemia – monitor uric acid levels in patients with hyperuricemia, gout, or renal impairment
- Theoretical risk of viral transmission with all pancreatic enzyme products
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Pertzye against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report possible side effects or adverse reactions of Pertzye to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Pertzye drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Pertzye, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medicines including any supplements you are taking.
You should not use Pertzye if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient pancrelipase
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Pertzye
- Have a known allergy to proteins of porcine origin
Talk to your doctor about your medical condition before using Pertzye if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Pertzye
- Have a history of blockage of your intestines, or scarring or thickening of your bowel wall (fibrosing colonopathy)
- Have gout, kidney disease, or high blood uric acid (hyperuricemia)
- Have trouble swallowing capsules
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – It is not known whether this drug passes into breast milk
Pertzye is the trademark brand name for pancrelipase manufactured by Digestive Care, Inc. A generic version of pancrelipase is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Pertzye savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.