Provigil Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Provigil medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Provigil cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Provigil patient assistance program you could receive your essential prescription for a fee of $49 per month. Every month, you could receive up to the following savings:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|100mg 45 tablets||$1,850.00||$49.00||$1,801.00|
|200mg 30 tablets||$1,850.00||$49.00||$1,801.00|
Am I eligible for the Provigil patient assistance program?
If you meet the eligibility criteria for Provigil assistance, you could receive your Provigil without paying the full retail price. Your enrollment application will be reviewed individually by NiceRx. At this stage it’s important to note the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Provigil patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Provigil patient assistance program. Just fill in our online enrollment application, and tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Provigil. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
Once NiceRx determines that you may be eligible for Provigil assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you, as well as requesting your Provigil medication refills on your behalf for up to 12 months.
Is NiceRx a Provigil coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Provigil coupon, a Provigil discount card, or a Provigil copay card provider. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Provigil patient assistance program. Our service does not include the provision of Provigil manufacturer coupons, Provigil discounts, rebates, Provigil savings cards, trial offers, or free Provigil samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Provigil if I have insurance?
We may be able to assist in a range of scenarios. This includes if your insurance company won’t pay for your Provigil medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you don’t have insurance. Complete your online enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Provigil with insurance?
The cost of Provigil will vary subject the terms of your healthcare plan. Your pharmacist or insurance provider will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Remember, if you’re approved for assistance, you’ll likely save more if you get your Provigil medication through NiceRx.
How much does Provigil cost without insurance?
Provigil prices without insurance will vary depending on the amount and the dose you buy, and where you buy it from. As a guide, a pack of 30, 100 mg Provigil tablets can cost between $800 and $1,500.
What is Provigil?
Provigil is a medication prescribed to adults to treat excessive sleepiness caused by:
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Shift work disorder
Each of the above conditions can cause excessive sleepiness and can lead to other complications and conditions. A lack of sleep can make it difficult to think and concentrate and can affect your memory. Poor sleep can lead to you eating more and gaining weight. This can result in obesity, hypertension, high cholesterol, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes. If you have one of these conditions, Provigil can help. Taken as a tablet, it helps you feel more awake when you need to be.
Provigil active ingredients
The active ingredient in Provigil is called modafinil. It helps you feel more awake and alert to treat excessive daytime sleepiness. When you swallow a Provigil tablet, modafinil is absorbed into your bloodstream and transported to your brain. It then increases levels of certain natural substances in your brain that can make you feel more alert. These include the neurotransmitters dopamine and histamine which regulate your brain activity, particularly your sleep-wake cycle, and your motivation and reward pathways.
Provigil side effects & Provigil drug interactions
When Provigil causes any side effects, the most likely will be:
- A stuffy nose
- An upset stomach
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Feeling nervous and anxious
- Back pain
- Problems sleeping (insomnia)
Sometimes, Provigil can cause more serious side effects. These are rarer, but can include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- A serious rash and other skin reactions, like hives, sores in your mouth, blisters and peeling
- Heart problems, including chest pain, an abnormal heartbeat, and trouble breathing
- A worsening of, or new mental health (psychiatric) problems, including depression, anxiety, aggressive behaviors, hallucinations, mania, and suicidal thoughts and behaviors
Your doctor will assess your risk of side effects against the benefits of taking Provigil.
Provigil can interact with other medications, including:
- Hormonal birth control methods, like birth control pills, an implant, a skin patch, a vaginal ring, or an intrauterine device (IUD). Provigil may stop these working.
- Any antidepressants taken to treat depression or anxiety, like amitriptyline, citalopram, diazepam, or fluoxetine.
- Any antiviral medications taken to treat HIV/AIDS, like indinavir or ritonavir.
- Any statin medications taken to lower your cholesterol, like atorvastatin or simvastatin.
- Any blood thinning (anticoagulant) medications, like warfarin.
- Any calcium channel blockers or beta blockers taken to reduce your blood pressure or for heart problems, like amlodipine, verapamil, or propranolol.
- Any medications taken to treat epilepsy, like carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin.
- Omeprazole, taken to treat acid reflux, indigestion, or ulcers.
- Ciclosporin, taken to treat arthritis or psoriasis, and to prevent organ transplant rejection.
Provigil warnings & precautions
Provigil is a schedule IV controlled substance. It can be prescribed to treat specific sleep disorders, but it can also cause physical or psychological dependence. Provigil can also be abused. Always take your Provigil exactly as prescribed to minimize the chances of this happening.
Provigil can cause side effects, like dizziness and confusion, that can affect your ability to drive, use machinery, or perform other dangerous tasks. Avoid doing so until you’re confident Provigil doesn’t affect your ability to perform these activities.
It’s advised not to drink alcohol when taking Provigil, as it’s not known how alcohol affects Provigil.
Don’t take Provigil if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient modafinil
- Are allergic to a similar drug called armodafinil (Nuvigil)
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Provigil
- Are under 17 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Provigil if you:
- Have a history of mental health problems
- Have ever had a heart attack or have any other heart problems
- Have high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Have any liver problems
- Have any kidney problems
- Have a history of drug or alcohol addiction or abuse
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.