Have you been prescribed Rytary for Parkinson’s disease? Are you looking for an affordable way to get access to your medication? We may be able to help.
NiceRx works directly with your healthcare provider to help you enroll in assistance programs for prescription medications. With our help, you may be able to get your Rytary prescription for just $49 per month*. We will handle the full application process for you, as well as requesting your ongoing medication refills if you are successfully enrolled in the program.
Your monthly Rytary cost savings if eligible
If we determine that you may be eligible for the patient assistance program, you could receive your Rytary prescription for a flat fee of just $49 per month. On a monthly basis, this could save you:
||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|23.75/95mg 90 capsules||$300.00||$49||$251.00|
|36.25/145mg 90 capsules||$300.00||$49||$251.00|
|61.25/245mg 90 capsules||$370.00||$49||$321.00|
|48.75/195mg 90 capsules||$390.00||$49||$341.00|
Am I eligible for the Rytary patient assistance program?
You can apply online with NiceRx to find out your potential eligibility for the patient assistance program. Before applying, please note that the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Rytary patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Rytary patient assistance program. Fill in your enrollment application online, and tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Rytary. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
Once NiceRx determines that you may be eligible for Rytary assistance, we’ll handle the full application process for you. If you are successfully enrolled in the Rytary patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Rytary medication refills on your behalf for up to 12 months.
Is NiceRx a Rytary coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Rytary coupon, a Rytary discount card, or a Rytary copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Rytary manufacturer coupons, Rytary discounts, rebates, Rytary savings cards, trial offers, or free Rytary samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Rytary patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Rytary if I have insurance?
As we review each application on an individual basis and may be able to help if you have insurance, but your insurance company won’t pay for your Rytary medication. We may even be able to assist if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility, or if you don’t have insurance at all.
How much is Rytary with insurance?
The cost of Rytary will vary by the healthcare plan. You can find out exactly what you will need to pay by contacting your insurance provider or pharmacist to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Rytary cost without insurance?
Rytary prices without insurance will vary depending on the amount and the dose you buy, and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, a pack of 90, 36.25-145 mg Rytary tablets will cost around $425.
What is Rytary?
Rytary is a prescription medication used to treat the symptoms of:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Parkinsonism caused by carbon monoxide or manganese poisoning
- Parkinsonism caused by viral infections of your brain (post-encephalitic parkinsonism)
Parkinson’s disease is a long-term degenerative condition that affects your brain and is caused by the death and loss of brain cells. It’s thought that cells are killed by a build-up of harmful protein in your brain. Cells are usually lost in an area of your brain called your substantia nigra that produces a chemical called dopamine. This loss of dopamine makes it harder for your brain to coordinate your body movements.
The symptoms of Parkinson’s disease usually come on slowly. The first signs are typically movement problems, like moving slowly, rigid muscles, and shaking. Over time these problems can become more pronounced and lead to tremors, difficulties walking, and problems with speech. Other symptoms of Parkinson’s disease include problems with thinking, mood swings, anger, and emotional outbursts. Depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues are common. As the disease progresses, it often causes dementia – severe thinking and memory problems.
Parkinsonism is the name for the group of movement symptoms of Parkinson’s disease causes. As well as being brought on by Parkinson’s disease, they can be caused by exposure to toxins, like manganese or carbon monoxide. Parkinsonism can also be caused by viral infections that produce swelling that damages the substantia nigra (post-encephalitic parkinsonism).
Parkinson’s disease can’t be cured, but you can manage the movement symptoms of Parkinson’s and parkinsonism with medications like Rytary. You take Rytary as a capsule that you swallow. It helps to increase levels of dopamine in your brain, relieving or slowing the worsening of movement symptoms.
Rytary active ingredients
Rytary has two active ingredients called levodopa and carbidopa. They both help to increase levels of dopamine in your brain.
Levodopa is an amino acid, but once it’s taken into your body, it’s converted in your brain cells into dopamine. Carbidopa is a type of medicine called an ‘amino acid decarboxylase inhibitor’. This means it’s a drug that slows down how fast amino acids, like levodopa, are broken down in your body. This allows more levodopa to make it through your blood-brain barrier, increasing the amount of dopamine that’s made. You can think of levodopa as the ingredient that has the initial effect (increasing dopamine), and carbidopa is the ingredient that boosts the effect of levodopa.
Rytary side effects & Rytary drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Rytary include:
- A dry mouth
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Being sick (vomiting)
- Problems falling asleep (insomnia)
- Abnormal dreams
- Difficulties with voluntary movements (dyskinesia)
- Falls in blood pressure after standing up (orthostatic hypotension)
In rare instances, Rytary can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Daytime sleepiness (somnolence)
- Falling asleep during daily activities, which can be dangerous
- Reduced blood flow to your heart (cardiovascular ischemic events)
- An increased risk of developing peptic ulcers (ulcers in your digestive system)
- An increased risk of developing the eye problem glaucoma
- An increased risk of developing a type of skin cancer called melanoma
- Hallucinations and periods of psychosis (a loss of connection with reality)
- An increase in compulsive behaviors
- Confusion and worsening of symptoms caused by reducing your dose or when you stop taking Rytary
Rytary can interact with other medications. When this occurs it can change how Rytary and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely. Medications known to interact with Rytary include:
- Nonselective monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), usually taken as antidepressants
- Any other medications taken for mental health problems
- Any other medications for Parkinson’s disease
- Any other medications that contain levodopa
- Medications used to treat any movement disorders
- Medications taken to treat low iron
- Phenytoin, used to treat fits (convulsions)
- Anticholinergic medicines; like orphenadrine, trihexyphenidyl, benztropine, or procyclidine
Rytary warnings & precautions
Don’t take Rytary if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients levodopa and carbidopa
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Rytary
- Are taking, or have recently taken, a type of medication called a nonselective monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), like phenelzine and tranylcypromine, usually taken as an antidepressant
- Have ever had skin cancer
- Have ever had an eye condition called narrow-angle glaucoma
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Rytary if you:
- Have ever had any heart, liver, kidney, or hormonal problems
- Have any mental health problems
- Have epilepsy or have a history of fits (convulsions)
- Have ever had a peptic ulcer
- Have problems with sleepiness or falling asleep in the daytime
- Are planning to have surgery
- Are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Rytary can cause side effects like sleepiness and dizziness that can impair your ability to drive, operate machinery, or perform other dangerous tasks.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a Refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 866-407-0777, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.