Your monthly Strattera cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Strattera patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Strattera prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
|Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|Strattera 10mg 30 capsules
|Strattera 18mg 30 capsules
|Strattera 25mg 30 capsules
Am I eligible for the Strattera patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Strattera patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which are set by the pharmaceutical companies, however, the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Strattera patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Strattera patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Strattera. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Strattera assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Strattera patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Strattera medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Strattera coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Strattera patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Strattera manufacturer coupons, Strattera discounts, or free Strattera samples. We are not a Strattera coupon provider or Strattera discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Strattera if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Strattera patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Strattera medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Strattera cost without insurance?
Strattera cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Strattera oral capsules 10 mg usually cost $420 for 30 capsules. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Strattera cost with insurance?
The copay for Strattera with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Strattera?
Strattera is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Eli Lilly. It is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor indicated for the treatment of Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Like stimulant drugs, Strattera is effective in treating and controlling ADHD symptoms. Unlike stimulant drugs, Strattera is not a controlled substance.
See the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warnings. Increased risk of suicidal ideation in children or adolescents. No suicides occurred in clinical trials, however, patients started on therapy should be monitored closely.
What doses of Strattera are available?
Strattera is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 10 mg, 18 mg, 25 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg, 80 mg, and 100 mg.
Please read the medication guide for full patient safety information and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Strattera active ingredients
Straterra contains atomoxetine as the active ingredient.
Strattera side effects
The most common side effects of Strattera in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Upset stomach, nausea, vomiting
- Decreased appetite, abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Erectile dysfunction
- Difficulty urinating
In rare instances, Strattera can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Serious cardiovascular events – sudden death, heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, and increased heart rate
- Suicidal thoughts – monitor for suicidality, clinical worsening, and unusual changes in behavior
- Anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, mood swings, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, impulsivity, akathisia (psychomotor restlessness), hypomania, and mania
- Emergent psychotic or manic symptoms
- Bipolar disorder
- Severe liver injury – discontinue in patients with dark urine, persistent nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, yellowing of eyes or skin (jaundice)
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Strattera against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Strattera to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Strattera drug interactions
Strattera can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antidepressants – monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) – phenelzine, tranylcypromine, selegiline
- CYP2D6 Inhibitors – paroxetine, fluoxetine, and quinidine
- Pressor Agents
- Albuterol (or other beta2 agonists)
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Strattera. Tell your caregiver about all the medicines you take, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and dietary or herbal supplements.
You should not use Strattera if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient atomoxetine
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Strattera
- Have narrow-angle glaucoma
- Have pheochromocytoma or a history of pheochromocytoma
- Have severe heart or blood vessel problems
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Strattera if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Strattera
- Have heart problems or a congenital heart defect
- Have high blood pressure
- Have a family history of heart disease or sudden death
- Suffer from depression, mental illness, bipolar disorder, or psychosis
- Have suicidal thoughts or actions
- Have low blood pressure
- Have liver damage or any other liver problems
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Strattera is the trademark brand name for atomoxetine manufactured by Eli Lilly. A generic version of atomoxetine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Strattera savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.