Veltassa Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Veltassa medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Veltassa cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Veltassa prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Veltassa patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Veltassa patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Veltassa enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Veltassa patient assistance program?
Applying for the Veltassa patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Veltassa, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Veltassa assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Veltassa patient assistance program, we will also automatically request your Veltassa medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Veltassa coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Veltassa coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Veltassa manufacturer coupons, Veltassa discounts, rebates, Veltassa savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Veltassa medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Veltassa if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Veltassa patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Veltassa
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Veltassa prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Veltassa with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Veltassa with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Veltassa cost without insurance?
Veltassa prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Veltassa oral powder for reconstitution will typically cost around $180 for a supply of 4 powders of 8.4 g.
What is Veltassa?
Veltassa is used for the treatment of hyperkalemia (high levels of potassium in the blood) in adults. Veltassa is not absorbed into your bloodstream and acts directly on the intestines. Veltassa works by binding itself to potassium in your digestive tract. This helps to stop your body from absorbing excess potassium.
Veltassa active ingredients
Veltassa is a polymer containing calcium-sorbitol, which exchanges calcium for the excess potassium in the intestinal tract. Veltassa increases the excretion of potassium in stools from the body by binding with the potassium in the gastrointestinal tract. This mopping up of the excess potassium helps to reduce the amount of potassium that is free in the gastrointestinal tract and therefore helps to lower body serum levels.
Veltassa side effects
The most common side effects caused by Veltassa include:
- Stomach pain or gas
In rare instances, Veltassa can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Muscle pain, weakness, or muscles feeling numb
- Involuntary back and forth movement of eyes
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Veltassa against your risk of side effects.
Veltassa drug interactions
Veltassa can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antacids used to neutralize acid – aluminum carbonate, aluminum hydroxide, calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, magnesium hydroxide
- Medication used to reduce stomach acid – esomperazole, lansoprazole, pantoprazole, rabeprazole
- Medication taken for irregular heartbeats – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Antipsychotics taken for mental health conditions – droperidol, pimozide, or ziprasidone
- Steroids such as beclomethasone, dexamethasone, and prednisolone
- Iron supplements taken for anemia – ferrous fumarate, ferrous gluconate, and ferrous sulfate
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Veltassa.
Veltassa warning and precautions
You should not use Veltassa if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient patiromer
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Veltassa
- Are younger than 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before using Veltassa if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Veltassa
- Have a bowel obstruction, slow digestion, or severe constipation
- Have any bowel problems caused by surgery
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Veltassa also binds to magnesium in your gastrointestinal tract which can cause lower levels of magnesium in your body. It is advised to avoid taking other medicines orally for 3 hours, before or after taking Veltassa.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.