Venclexta Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Venclexta medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Venclexta cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Venclexta patient assistance program you can get your medication for free. Our monthly flat rate of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Venclexta through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Venclexta patient assistance program?
You could receive your Venclexta without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. This criteria is set by the pharmaceutical companies who are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Venclexta patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Venclexta.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Venclexta patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Venclexta medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Venclexta coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Venclexta patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Venclexta coupon, a Venclexta discount card, or a Venclexta copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers, or free Venclexta samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Venclexta if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Venclexta medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Venclexta with insurance?
The cost of Venclexta will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Venclexta cost without insurance?
Venclexta costs without insurance will vary depending on how many you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, 1 Venclexta tablet 100 mg will typically cost around $120. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
What is Venclexta?
Venclexta contains the prescription medicine venetoclax, classed as a B-cell lymphoma-2 (BCL-2) inhibitor.
Venetoclax can be used alone or in combination with rituximab for the treatment of adults with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) or small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL), or in combination with azacitidine, decitabine, or cytarabine for the treatment of adults with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia (AML) who are 75 years of age or older, or have other medical conditions that do not allow the use of other chemotherapy.
Your first dose of venetoclax may be given to you in a hospital or clinic setting just in case you have serious side effects that need treating. The tablets should be taken whole with food and water at the same time each day, and not crushed or chewed. You will need to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily for 2 days before you start taking Venclexta, on the first day you take them and when your dose is changed, to stop certain side effects. Your blood will be tested on a regular basis as venetoclax can reduce your blood cell count.
Venclexta active ingredients
Venetoclax specifically blocks the action of BCL-2, a naturally occurring protein in the body. In conditions such as CLL and AML excess amounts of BCL-2 have been seen to be produced. BCL-2 helps tumor cells to resist being destroyed by chemotherapy.
By attaching to BCL-2, venetoclax allows the natural cycle of cell death to resume, by allowing certain enzymes to carry out their normal function of destroying cells. Venetoclax has been shown in studies to be toxic to tumor cells that have high BCL-2 levels.
Venclexta side effects
The most common side effects caused by Venclexta include:
- Nausea, Diarrhea
- Easily bruised
- Unusual bleeding
- Sore throat, stuffy nose, sneezing
In rare instances, Venclexta can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Symptoms of pneumonia – sharp chest pain, difficulty breathing, yellow/green mucus cough
- Anemia (low blood cells) – pale or yellow skin, flu-like symptoms, fever, skin and mouth sores, confusion, feeling weak
- Symptoms of breakdown of tumor cells – muscle or joint pain, tiredness, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, nausea, vomiting, seizures, dark or cloudy urine
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Venclexta against your risk of side effects.
Venclexta drug interactions
Venclexta can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for an irregular heartbeat – amiodarone, dronedarone
- Antiviral medication for the treatment of HIV/AIDS – atazanavir, darunavir, indinavir, ritonavir
- Vaccines – bcg, influenza, measles, mumps, polio, rubella, smallpox, typhoid, varicella, yellow fever, zoster live
- Treatment for hypertension – captopril
- Anticonvulsants for seizures – carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Antibiotics – ciprofloxacin, erythromycin, rifampin
- Steroid treatment – dexamethasone
- Treatment for autoimmune diseases – etanercept
- Antifungal treatments – fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole
- Immunosuppressants – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- DMARDs (disease-modifying anti- rheumatic drugs) leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Medication for the treatment of angina or high blood pressure – nifedipine, felodipine
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Venclexta.
Venclexta warning and precautions
You should not use Venclexta if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient venetoclax
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Venclexta
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Venclexta if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Venclexta
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have hypokalemia (low potassium levels)
- Have hypocalcemia (low calcium levels)
- Have gout or high levels of uric acid in your blood
- Are taking a blood thinner such as warfarin and have regular INR or prothrombin tests
- Are planning to have a vaccine
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.