Vidaza Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Vidaza medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Vidaza cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Vidaza prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Vidaza patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Vidaza patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Vidaza enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Vidaza patient assistance program?
Applying for the Vidaza patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Vidaza, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Vidaza assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Vidaza patient assistance program, we will also request your Vidaza medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Vidaza coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Vidaza coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Vidaza manufacturer coupons, Vidaza discounts, rebates, Vidaza savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Vidaza medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Vidaza if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Vidaza patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Vidaza
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Vidaza prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Vidaza with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Vidaza with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Vidaza cost without insurance?
Vidaza prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Vidaza will typically cost around $620 for 1 powder for injection.
What is Vidaza?
Vidaza contains the prescription medicine azacitidine, used for the treatment of myelodysplastic syndromes. Myelodysplastic syndromes are a group of cancers where blood cells in the bone marrow do not mature or become healthy blood cells as they would do normally.
Vidaza is given as a subcutaneous injection under the skin or as an infusion directly into a vein. It is normally given for 7 days in a row every 4 weeks for 4 cycles of the treatment. Your doctor will decide how long you will be treated for. You will need to have regular blood and kidney tests as azacitidine can reduce blood cells that help your body fight infections and help your blood clot.
Vidaza active ingredients
Vidaza blocks the development of the tumor by changing (hypomethylation) the activity of DNA associated with the tumor, as well as having a direct toxic effect on the abnormal cells in the bone marrow.
Hypomethylation is thought to restore normal function to genes that are essential for the normal growth of blood cells in the bone marrow. The toxic effects of azacitidine cause the death of the rapidly dividing tumor cells, including those cancer cells that do not follow the normal process of growth. Normal cells that are not growing rapidly are relatively insensitive to azacitidine.
Vidaza side effects
The most common side effects caused by Vidaza include:
- Redness where the injection was given
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, loss of appetite, constipation, diarrhea
- Feeling weak, tired, or light-headed
- Joint pain in your arms or legs
- Lung infection – cough with mucus, chest pain, difficulty breathing
In rare instances, Vidaza can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Signs of skin infection – swelling, discharge, redness
- Low blood cell counts – fever, chills, tiredness, mouth and skin sores, easy bruising, unusual bleeding
- Pain in your lower back, blood in your urine, little or no urination, swelling in your feet or ankles
- Upper stomach pain, darker urine, clay-colored stools, yellowy skin or eyes
- Low potassium levels – irregular heartbeat, thirsty, increased urination, muscle cramps, feeling tired or weak
- Signs of tumor cell breakdown – feeling tired, weak, muscle cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, irregular heartbeat, tingling in your hands, feet or around your mouth
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Vidaza against your risk of side effects.
Vidaza drug interactions
Vidaza can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn’s disease- adalimumab, certolizumab, etanercept, golimumab
- Vaccines – BCG, cholera, hepatitis, influenza, measle, mumps, polio, rabies, rotavirus, sars-cov-2, smallpox, typhoid, varicella, yellow fever
- Treatment for mood disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine
- Immuno-supressants – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod, leflunomide
- Treatment for mouth sores caused by chemotherapy treatment – palifermin
- Treatments for cancer – thalidomide
- Anti-virals for the treatment of HIV and AIDS – zidovudine
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Vidaza.
Vidaza warning and precautions
You should not use Vidaza if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient azacitidine
- Are allergic to mannitol
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Vidaza
- Have advanced liver cancer
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Vidaza if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Vidaza
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.