Vytorin Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Vytorin medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Vytorin cost savings if eligible
If eligible, you could get your Vytorin prescription for a flat fee of just $49 per month. You could save:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|10/10mg 30 tablets||$350.00||$49.00||$301.00|
|10/20mg 30 tablets||$350.00||$49.00||$301.00|
|10/40mg 30 tablets||$350.00||$49.00||$301.00|
|10/80mg 30 tablets||$350.00||$49.00||$301.00|
Am I eligible for the Vytorin patient assistance program?
If you meet the eligibility criteria for Vytorin assistance, you could receive your Vytorin prescription without paying the full retail price. We review each Vytorin assistance program application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Vytorin patient assistance program?
We take the hassle and stress out of applying for the Vytorin patient assistance program. Our application process is simple and straightforward. Get started by filling out your information on our enrollment application.
At this stage, we’ll need to know about any medications you’re taking, including Vytorin. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is needed to complete your application as it is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Vytorin assistance, we’ll handle the full application process for you. We’ll also request your Vytorin medication refills on your behalf for up to 12 months, once you are in the program.
Is NiceRx a Vytorin discount coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Vytorin patient assistance program. We don’t offer Vytorin coupons, Vytorin discount cards, or Vytorin copay cards. We don’t offer printable Vytorin manufacturer coupons, Vytorin discounts, rebates, Vytorin savings cards, trial offers, or free Vytorin samples.
You will likely save more with NiceRx, rather than the above mentioned options for supposed cheap Vytorin. Remember, that when obtaining your Vytorin medication through NiceRx, your total cost for the medication will always be $49 per month.
Can NiceRx help me get Vytorin if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you in a variety of circumstances, including if your insurance company won’t pay for your Vytorin medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to help if you don’t have insurance.
How much is Vytorin with insurance?
The price of Vytorin depends on the details of your healthcare plan. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your insurance provider or pharmacist to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Vytorin cost without insurance?
Vytorin prices without insurance will vary depending on the number of tablets per pack, the strength of the tablets, and where you buy the medication. As a guide, a pack of 30, 10-20 mg Vytorin tablets will cost between around $390 to $450.
What is Vytorin?
Vytorin is a medication used to lower cholesterol levels in adults and children aged 10 years and over. It’s prescribed when you can’t lower your cholesterol levels with diet and exercise alone. You should continue to exercise and eat a healthy diet whilst using Vytorin.
Cholesterol is a type of fat. Your liver makes cholesterol by converting other types of fat into cholesterol, as it’s used by your body to make cells and hormones. You also get cholesterol from eating meat and dairy products, as other animals make and contain cholesterol. Plants also make cholesterol but in very small amounts.
Whilst you need cholesterol, if you have too much in your body, it can increase your risk of heart disease and strokes. Cholesterol travels around your body in your blood so it can be taken to the cells that need it. However, if you have too much cholesterol in your blood, it can stick to the sides of your arteries. Other substances can accumulate around this cholesterol, like white blood cells and calcium, to form a tough substance called plaque.
Plaque narrows your arteries, reducing the flow of blood through them, raising your blood pressure. If lumps of plaque break away from the sides of your artery, they can form clots in your blood. These clots can block the flow of blood to your heart or your brain, causing heart disease and strokes.
Vytorin helps reduce your chances of a heart attack or a stroke by reducing how much cholesterol is in your blood. It does this by lowering how much cholesterol you get from your food and reducing how much your liver makes. You take Vytorin as a tablet you swallow, usually daily.
Vytorin active ingredients
Vytorin contains two active ingredients called ezetimibe and simvastatin. They work in different ways to lower your cholesterol levels. In combination with a low-fat diet and exercise, this dual effect can lower your cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart attacks and strokes.
Ezetimibe lowers the amount of cholesterol you absorb from your food. Ezetimibe does this by blocking three different things. The digestive enzymes that separate cholesterol from the food you eat, the digestive proteins that transport molecules of cholesterol, and the areas on the walls of your small intestine that absorb cholesterol. This lowers the amount of cholesterol available to your body, making it take more cholesterol from your blood.
Simvastatin is a type of drug called a statin. It reduces the amount of cholesterol your liver produces. It does this by blocking an enzyme your liver uses to create cholesterol called MG CoA reductase.
Vytorin side effects & Vytorin drug interactions
As with all medications, Vytorin can have side effects. Not everyone will experience side effects, or the same side effects though. The most common side effects caused by Vytorin include:
- Muscle pain
- An increase in upper respiratory infections (nose, throat, sinus)
- An increase in liver enzyme levels that may show up on blood tests
In rare instances, Vytorin can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- A serious muscle condition called myopathy that can lead to your muscles breaking down. It can lead to kidney damage and can be fatal
- Serious liver problems
Your doctor will assess your risk of side effects against the benefits of taking Vytorin.
Vytorin can interact with other medications. This can change how Vytorin and the other medications work and can make even some side effects more likely. Tell your prescribing physician about all drugs you’re taking, particularly:
- Antifungal medicines, including itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole, or voriconazole
- HIV/AIDS protease inhibitors, like indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, tipranavir, or atazanavir
- Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors, like boceprevir or telaprevir
- Certain antibiotics, including erythromycin, clarithromycin, or telithromycin
- Fenofibrate or other fibric acid derivatives
- Amiodarone or dronedarone, taken to treat an irregular heartbeat
- Verapamil, diltiazem, amlodipine, or ranolazine, used to treat high blood pressure, chest pain caused by heart disease, and other heart conditions
- Colchicine, taken to treat gout
- Lomitapide, taken to treat a rare genetic cholesterol condition called familial hypercholesterolemia
- Niacin or nicotinic acid
- Nefazodone, an antidepressant
- Cyclosporine, an immunosuppressant
- Grapefruit juice
Vytorin warnings & precautions
Vytorin isn’t suitable for everyone. Don’t take Vytorin if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients ezetimibe and simvastatin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Vytorin (you can find these listed in the leaflet which comes with the medication)
- Have any liver problems
- Are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are taking strong CYP3A4 inhibitor medications, including anti-fungal medicines, medicines for HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors, and some antibiotics (see the section above on Vytorin interactions)
- Are taking gemfibrozil, cyclosporine, or danazol
- Are under 10 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Vytorin if you:
- Are taking any medications that can interact with Vytorin (listed in the section above)
- Have any kidney problems
- Have had any liver problems
- Drink more than two glasses of alcohol daily
- Have any thyroid problems
- Have unexplained muscle aches or weakness
- Are over 65 years of age
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.