Xatmep Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Xatmep medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Xatmep cost savings if eligible
The Xatmep patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Xatemep, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Xatmep patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Xatmep assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Xatmep patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Xatmep patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Xatmep.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Xatmep assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Xatmep patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Xatmep.
Is NiceRx a Xatmep coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Xatmep patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Xatmep samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Xatmep coupons, discount cards, or Xatmep copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Xatmep if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Xatmep medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Xatmep cost without insurance?
Xatmep prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Xatmep oral solution (2.5 mg/mL) typically costs $1,100 for 60 milliliters.
How much does Xatmep cost with insurance?
The copay for Xatmep will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Xatmep with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Xatmep?
Xatmep is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Azurity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. the parent company of Silvergate Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Xatmep is a folate analog metabolic inhibitor indicated for the:
- Treatment of pediatric patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) as a component of a combination chemotherapy maintenance regimen
- Management of pediatric patients with active polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (pJIA) who are intolerant of or had an inadequate response to first-line therapy, including full dose non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Warning: Severe toxic reactions including embryo-fetal toxicity. See the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning:
- Monitor closely and modify methotrexate dose or discontinue for the following toxicities -bone marrow suppression, serious infections, renal, gastrointestinal, hepatic, pulmonary, hypersensitivity, and dermatologic
- The use of methotrexate in polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis is contraindicated in pregnancy. Patients are advised to use effective contraception during and after treatment
What doses of Xatmep are available?
Xatmep is available as an oral solution, in the following doses: 2.5 mg/mL.
Use another formulation of methotrexate if you require dosing via routes of administration other than oral. Measure with an accurate measuring device. The recommended dose for ALL is 20 mg/m2 one time weekly, for pJIA the starting dose is 10 mg/m2 one time weekly.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Xatmep active ingredients
Xatmep contains the active ingredient methotrexate
Xatmep side effects
The most common side effects of Xatmep in clinical trials include:
- Ulcerative stomatitis
- Abdominal distress
- Elevated liver function tests
- Tiredness, fever
- Decreased resistance to infection
In rare instances, Xatmep can cause more serious adverse reactions. These can include:
- Secondary malignancies – in case of immunosuppression associated lymphoma, discontinue methotrexate before starting treatment for lymphoma
- Immunizations may be ineffective
- Impairment of fertility, oligospermia, and menstrual dysfunction
- Renal damage, including acute renal failure
- Patients with peptic ulcer disease and ulcerative colitis are at increased risk for severe gastrointestinal adverse reactions
- Hepatic toxicity – severe and potentially irreversible hepatotoxicity, including fibrosis, cirrhosis, and fatal liver failure can occur. Avoid the use of Xatmep in patients with chronic liver disease
- Pulmonary toxicity
- Hypersensitivity including fatal, dermatologic reactions such as toxic epidermal necrolysis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, exfoliative dermatitis, skin necrosis, erythema multiforme can occur
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Xatmep against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Xatmep to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Xatmep drug interactions
Xatmep can interact with other medications. These include:
- Oral antibiotics may increase hematologic and gastrointestinal toxicity
- Hepatotoxins may increase the risk of hepatotoxicity
- Probenecid may increase methotrexate exposure
- Reduction of theophylline clearance. Monitor theophylline levels
- Unexpected severe and fatal gastrointestinal toxicity can occur with concomitant use of NSAIDs
- Immunization with live virus vaccines is not recommended during Xatmep treatment
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Xatmep.
You should not use Xatmep if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient methotrexate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Xatmep
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Xatmep if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Xatmep
- Have renal impairment
- Have liver problems
- Have lung problems
- Are receiving radiation treatments
- Have stomach ulcers or ulcerative colitis
Xatmep is the trademark brand name for methotrexate manufactured by Azurity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of methotrexate is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Xatmep savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.