Your monthly Xywav cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Xywav patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Xywav prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Xywav patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Xywav patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which are set by the pharmaceutical companies, however, the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Xywav patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Xywav patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Xywav. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Xywav assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Xywav patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Xywav medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Xywav coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Xywav patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Xywav manufacturer coupons, Xywav discounts, or free Xywav samples. We are not a Xywav coupon provider or Xywav discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Xywav if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Xywav patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Xywav medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Xywav cost without insurance?
Xywav cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Xywav oral liquid (0.5 g/mL) usually costs $5,800 for 180 milliliters. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Xywav cost with insurance?
The copay for Xywav with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Xywav?
Xywav is a prescription medication containing calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium oxybates. Xywav is manufactured by Jazz Pharmaceuticals and has FDA approval (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) as a central nervous system depressant for the treatment of cataplexy or excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) in patients 7 years of age and older with narcolepsy, and for idiopathic hypersomnia (a type of sleep disorder) in adults patients.
Xywav is a controlled substance that can only be prescribed through a Risk Evaluation Mitigation Strategy (REMS) program. This means only certain doctors and pharmacies are able to prescribe and dispense this medication.
What doses of Xywav are available?
Xywav is available in oral solution form, in the following doses: 0.5 g/mL total salts (equivalent to 0.413 g/mL of oxybate).
If you currently take Xyrem for narcolepsy, your starting dosage of Xywav will likely match your current dosage of Xyrem. Please see the full prescribing information and medication guide for the complete boxed warning. Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Xywav active ingredients
The active ingredient of Xywav is a form of gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB).
Xywav side effects
The most common side effects of Xywav in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Headache, nausea, dizziness
- Decreased appetite, diarrhea
- Parasomnia (sleepwalking), drowsiness
- Hyperhidrosis, anxiety, vomiting
- In pediatric studies, common adverse reactions include bedwetting, nausea, headache, vomiting, dry mouth, weight decreased, decreased appetite, and dizziness
In rare instances, Xywav can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- CNS depression
- Depression and suicidality
- Confusion, anxiety
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Xywav against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Xywav to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Xywav drug interactions
Xywav can interact with other medications. These include:
- Divalproex sodium – an initial reduction in Xywav dose is recommended
- Central nervous system (CNS) depressants such as opioid analgesics, benzodiazepines, sedating antidepressants, antipsychotics, sedating anti-epileptic medicines, general anesthetics, muscle relaxants, alcohol, or street drugs
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Xywav.
You should not use Xywav if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient, calcium oxybate, magnesium oxybate, potassium oxybate, and sodium oxybates
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Xywav
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are taking sedative-hypnotics or alcohol
- Have succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase deficiency
Talk to your doctor before using Xywav if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Xywav
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Have liver disease
- Have breathing problems (such as sleep apnea, or asthma)
- Have a personal or family history of regular use or abuse of drugs and alcohol
- Have mental health problems such as depression
- Have a family or personal history of suicidal thoughts or attempts
Xywav is the trademark brand name for calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium oxybates manufactured by Jazz Pharmaceuticals. A generic version of calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium oxybates is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Xywav savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.