Your monthly Zemaira cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Zemaira patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Zemaira patient assistance?
We review each Zemaira enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Zemaira patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Zemaira patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Zemaira, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Zemaira coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Zemaira coupon, Zemaira discount card, or Zemaira copay card provider. We do not offer Zemaira manufacturer coupons, Zemaira discounts, rebates, Zemaira savings cards, trial offers, or free Zemaira samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me get Zemaira cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Zemaira
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Zemaira prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Zemaira cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Zemaira costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Zemaira intravenous powder for injection human will cost around $10 for 1 powder for injection.
How much does Zemaira cost with insurance?
The copay for Zemaira will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Zemaira?
Zemaira is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by CSL Behring LLC. It contains the Alpha1-proteinase inhibitor (Human) (A1-PI), also called alpha 1-antitrypsin. A1-PI occurs naturally in the body and is important for preventing the breakdown of tissues in the lungs. Zemaira is used to treat alpha-1-proteinase inhibitor deficiency (using chronic augmentation therapy) where the breakdown of lung tissues can lead to clinical evidence of emphysema.
Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency is a genetic disorder and Zemaira will not cure this condition. Also, Zemaira is not recommended for lung disease patients in whom severe A1-PI deficiency has not been established.
What doses of Zemaira are available?
The recommended dose of Zemaira is 60 mg/kg body weight administered once weekly. Zemaira must be mixed with a liquid (diluent) for reconstitution before being given as an injection and used within 3 hours. Zemaira should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
Zemaira is injected directly into a vein, usually once per week. Recipients of alpha 1-antitrypsin inhibitor therapy should receive a vaccination against hepatitis B prior to initiating treatment.
Zemaira is made from donated human plasma and may contain viruses or other infectious agents. Donated plasma is tested and treated to reduce the risk of contamination, but there is still a possibility it could transmit disease. Always speak with your healthcare provider for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Zemaira active ingredients
The active ingredient of Zemaira is alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor.
Zemaira side effects
The most common side effects of Zemaira in clinical trials include:
- Cold-like symptoms such as runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, cough, sore throat
- Headache, nausea
- Muscle or joint pain
- Flushing (sudden warmth, redness, or tingly feeling)
- Bruising or bleeding at the injection site
In rare instances, Zemaira can cause more serious adverse events. These can include:
- Chest pain, trouble breathing
- Sudden numbness or weakness, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance
- Zemaira may contain trace amounts of IgA. Patients with selective or severe IgA deficiency can develop antibodies to IgA and, have a greater risk of developing potentially severe hypersensitivity and anaphylactic reactions
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Zemaira against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Zemaira to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Zemaira drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Zemaira, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medicines including any supplements you are taking.
You should not use Zemaira if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor or if you have an IgA (immunoglobulin A) deficiency or antibody against IgA
- Have a known hypersensitivity to components used to make Zemaira
- Have a history of anaphylaxis or severe systemic response
- Are younger than 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before using Zemaira if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Zemaira
- Have liver disease
- Have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Zemaira is the trademark brand name for alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor manufactured by CSL Behring LLC. A generic version of alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Zemaira savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.